1) Westin is one of a couple Euro brands comin’ after the US bass-head market.
2) It’s Westin’s first signing of a pro bass-head.
Westin makes a bunch of “predator” baits in Europe and had an ICAST best o’ show with their Freddy the Frog bait:
> “The quality of the craftsmanship on these baits is outstanding. You can really tell they are quality, and they have great action. The designs are different than what people are used to seeing around here. The style of fishing in Scandinavia is so different. It’s focused highly on predator fish, and I’m already finding crossovers that work well in the bass world….”
> …Westin Baby Bite DR, a crankbait that’s already pulling fish out of his home waters that he hasn’t seen in years. “That’s a bait I wish I had had during the tournament season. It could become a new confidence bait.”
Dude, you shoulda kept it quiet! Brent tells it like it is (#nofilter) so take that all at face value.
Was chattin’ with Westin CEO Thomas Petersen at ICAST when Brent was visiting the Westin booth. Tried my best to torpedo that deal but guess it didn’t work…HAHAHA Chapman!
2. B-Rad Roy gets Covercraft as main sponsor.
3. Zack Birge gets Yo-Zuri.
Had been with BOOYAH for hard baits.
4. Justin Lucas on BassEdge Ray-dee-o.
5. Fish with Chris and Trait Zaldain contest.
If you get in the boat with ’em, pls report back if Trait is a better fisherman…which might be the case…. (Heehee!)
Btw, cool post by Chris here.
6. Wesley Strader wishes he’d gone to college.
For navigatin’ the biz side of bassin’. In that interview he’s also asked what he’d like his last meal to be which is…freaky….
7. Why Mark Menendez likes drum.
Sounds like mussels like to hitch rides on drum, and that helps create shell beds. Didn’t know that….
8. Paul Elias’ 2018 Bassin’ Cat Lynx for sale.
It’s mauve, which is Paul’s fave color.
Kidding. About the boat color….
9. First MLF/BPTer event at Toho…mostly.
> Though the majority of the Jan 29-Feb 3 action will take place on historic Lake Toho, the championship round will be held on another nearby body of water out of respect for the FLW tournament that follows.
10. MLF/BPT ain’t playin’.
> …will have 850 hours of programming across 6 networks…includes 2 hours next to NFL games on CBS in Dec 2019 and an hour next to the NFL playoffs in Jan 2020.
Those cats are like:
They also have a new HQ in Tulsa.
11. Most 2018 Elites were won crankin’.
From a good post on the Bassin’masters:
> Takahiro Omori, Lake Martin, Lucky Craft LC 1.5 Silent Squarebill
> Kevin VanDam, Grand Lake, Strike King KVD 1.5 Squarebill
> Wesley Strader, Kentucky Lake, PH Custom Lures Crank
Also 2 frowg wins on rivers — Greg Hackney, Sabine, ‘squatch pattern with a Strike King KVD Sexy Frog, and Ish Monroe, upper Miss, River2Sea Phat Mat Daddy Frog — and 2 dropshot wins in smallie territory.
Unless I’m not reading right, all the ’18 Elite winners (more dudes than just those guys) are now fishing BPT.
12. ’19 FLW Tour field will be 170 folks.
But supposed to be 150 in 2020. Maybe they should just go completely the other way and have:
13. FLW and Rapala still lookin’ fer young’n anglers.
For the Varsity Bass You-Tube series…. Apply here.
14. CA: Oroville open again after the Camp Fire.
Glad to hear….
15. TN: Chickamauga has too many tourneys?
16. TN senator has an “Aquatic Spraying Study Committee”…
…to try to get to the fishermen/no other folks/yes issues. Good thing is he fishes, and his son’s on the Bryan College bassin’ team so….
17. ID removing some limits on bass.
Guess it’s because bassin’ has NO LIMITS cuz:
18. Bass Pro Shops now sponsoring ACA collegiate bass.
19. AL: Fire at G&R Plastics.
Believe they pour baits for some folks, sounds like everyone was okay — hope so.
20. Sweet Electric/Daiwa giveaway.
21. Bigmouth Billy Bass now has Alexa.
Pretty sure it’s curable tho….
22. For Yeti, drinkware accounts for more $$ than coolers.
Top line = revenue = $$ before expenses:
> …the coolers category…made up 45% of top line in the first half of 2018. The drinkware…came in at 52% of revenue.
Did you know Yeti is now a public company? Had no idea but it’s on the NYSE: YETI (duh).