> ….I had to idle the same spot 3-5 times a day and the fish would randomly be there at some point. I felt like I had a solid plan going into the tournament. After Idling for 30+ hours in the 3 days of practice I marked 9 schools of fish and nearly 100 brushpiles. My plan in the tournament was to cover as much water as possible and make just a few casts to each key piece of structure.
> “The 3DS DD has always been one of my staple offshore crankbaits…perfect for that mid-depth 10-12’…. The bill design allows it to plow through the brush easily with minimum hangups. You need to be able to quickly plow the crankbait through the limbs to trigger the fish. The 3DS DD allows you to not slow down when the bait hits the first limb. This triggered the bass that may have not been feeding.”
3. Bryan Thrift’s on BassEdge Radio.
4. Bernie Schultz says don’t squat your stern.
Talkin’ BOATS lol. Anyhow, he recommends having a hydraulic jackplate, and runs the T-H Marine Atlas — same one I’m gonna run, not that that means as much as Bernie’s endorsement but….
5. Elitist Dale Hightower just increased his resale value.
6. How Elitist Garrett Paquette evaluates rods/reels.
Don’t know if it’s kiddin’ or serious but either way funny.
7. VT: More on that Make-A-Wish boat giveaway.
So stoked for the young man and his fam. Props to all the peeps involved. Love is so awesome man — so is bassin’:
8. FL: New movement to get rid of Rodman Dam?
> They contend emptying the reservoir would help with everything from manatee migration to keeping a rising sea level from turning the adjacent St. Johns River salty.
9. AL: New shady pavilion at Smith Lake.
B.A.S.S., Alabama Power and volunteers from the Union Sportsmen’s Alliance made it happen.
10. MS: Trace State Park lake not open yet.
600 acres, been closed for 4 years, should be full of dumb bass, not reopening yet because the state thinks too many people will be too close together.
> “…the redear and bluegill looked really, really good. The bass were either small or big, no inbetween.”
11. TX: 101,000 FL bass fingerlings put in Lake Arrowhead.
12. ON: $5K smallmouth released in Rainy Lake.
To help tourism:
> The fish has a green tag with the word “WIN” written on it….
Also, the smallie’s name is Luther and he likes pina coladas and gettin’ caught in the rain….
13. PA license fees might go up soon.
Haven’t increased in almost 20 years so sounds needed. Remember DNRs in many states mostly function off license fees.
14. Scientists created robot largie to scare mosquitofish.
They think that scaring invasive mosquitofish with the robot will make them die faster…or something like that.
15. Suzuki has new 140 and 115 4-strokes.
> An upgraded compression ratio of 10.6:1 helps these new 2.0-liter displacement outboards achieve better top speed and acceleration by improving thermal efficiency. Fuel efficiency has also been increased…as much as 5-7% better….
> Other improvements include a 40-amp alternator on both models that delivers improved output and battery -harging performance at low idle speeds….
16. T-H Marine’s new TravelBoss backpack cooler is $149.99.
Looks like it’s available for pre-order:
17. Here’s where you can see all the new Daiwa stuff.
18. How pretty is this, wow.
“The Great Wave” painted on a Duo Realis Pencil:
19. What hand-stitched swimbaits look like.
Do you fish ’em or just display ’em?
20. 2 new craw species found, 1 in AL and 1 in MS.
Here’s all you need to know for jigs/trailers:
Btw check out the color of the Australian “marron” craw:
Says in that post the Aussie word for an aluminum boat is a “tinny.”
21. This is what an Alabama shad looks like.
Gulf species that migrates up rivers, who knew:
22. TN/AL: 72-lb Asian carp caught in Pickwick.
> They are coming from Kentucky Lake through the locks that the barges enter on Pickwick. This fish was in Bear Creek on Pickwick Lake.
23. IL: Deep fried Asian Carp called “silver fin” instead.
Good idea. Kinda like when they renamed the salty “slimehead” fish to “orange roughy” so peeps would order it in restaurants.
24. WV: USFWS wants you to love mussels.
> “What we want is for people to view mussels like they do pandas.”
Maybe call ’em panda mussels then?
Don’t keep worms in your pockets
Yep! Right up there with: