1. Jason Christie gets Garmin as title (boat) sponsor.
2. Luke Clausen gets DUEL/Yo-Zuri and Phenix Rods.
3. Bill Lowen running an Xpress tin boat and…
…gets Humminbird and Minn Kota:
He’s running the Xpress X21 Pro. Was in an Xpress a couple months ago…KILLER rig.
4. Cliff Crochet gets Santone Lures.
Check the Santone offerin’s on TW.
5. VA Ott DeFoe speaking TODAY.
Believe it’s at First Baptist Church, Weber City. Sounds like Brandon Card there on the 18th.
6. NC: Shaw Grigbsy will speak Jan 12-13…
…at the Bass & Saltwater Fishing Expo at the NC State Fairgrounds in Raleigh.
7. How Feider’s looking at the season.
> “I’m really focused on the Classic, which is March 16-18 on Lake Hartwell in SC. My mindset is that it’s pretty much a winner-take-all tournament, so I’ll take the biggest risks I can to try to win it.
> “Then after that, it’s back to the stressful fishing where every oz counts for the whole season.“
8. Brandon Palaniuk’s RV is bigger than my house.
Here’s the interior:
I think he has a small Angus herd in there too…. Okay not really but prolly not far off! What up BP!!
9. Elitist rookie Chris Groh on BassEdge Ray-o-Dee.
Talkin’ ’bout the Opens preparin’ him for the Elites.
10. MD: Havre de Grace says no to Elite event.
Still will happen (lower Susquehanna and Chesapeake Bay) but guess not at a Havre de Grace marina:
> Boaters pay significant fees for their slips in the yacht basin, he said. “They would basically be denied access to the yacht basin for the better part of the week. Given the size of the tournament and logistics to run such an event, I’m not sure there’s a viable solution to minimize the impact on slip owners.”
Apparently this image from a famous golf movie was brought up at the meeting:
11. New MLF All Angles show coming.
> Beginning Feb 17, Saturdays, 4 p.m. ET: Major League Fishing’s All Angles tells the story of Major League Fishing from a new perspective. We’ve seen the game from the boat, now we bring it to you from the parking lots, boat ramps and anywhere inside the MLF footprint when the events roll into town.
So they have a Sasquatch and now a footprint…hmm….
12. FL: Donald Trump Jr’s kids got their bass on!
AWESOME to see anyone related to any Prez catching bass! Git ’em hooked!
13. Evan Williams bourbon out of bassin’.
Guess John Crews and Hank Cherry are on the wagon…lol. Srsly tho, a bummer for them, sorry to hear it fellers.
14. TX: ShareLunker program has a new app.
For easier registration of your ditch lunker ditch….
15. AL: Bassin’ derbies increasing Florence-area tourism $$$.
> …a $5.47 million economic impact to the Shoals…in 2017. That figure represents a $400,000 increase over 2016, according to Suzie Shoemaker, manager of sport/event sales for Florence Tourism.
> “The bulk of this impact is from fishing, with longer tournaments meaning longer stays in the area. We had some back-to-back tournaments which helped as well.”
> She said the goal for [this] year is a 20% increase.
16. CA has new boat drivers license.
NJ has the same thing, a pain in the b*tt and seems to make no difference in on-the-water common sense….
17. CA: 33 permitted derbies on Clear Lake this year.
Apparently down from highs in the 60s, doesn’t include club derbies.
18. TX: 2018 Bassin’ Champs schedule out.
19. TX: Golden algae in San Angelo waters.
20. Ranger spring promo deets.
21. New Simms marketing honcho is from Patagonia.
22. OH: New HS bassin’ team.
Kids put it together themselves. #stout
23. Bass Pro has $10 mil for Cabela’s employees…
…who will lose their jobs. Johnny Morris:
> “Cabela’s has been operating under the weight of an extremely heavy corporate payroll that is over 2 times greater than that of Bass Pro Shops to conduct relatively the same volume of business.”
24. Distributor Maurice bought for $39 mil.
Sounds like before bankruptcy was officially filed.
25. Boat manufacturers don’t want ‘tax’ on Chinese aluminum.
26. Saltwater derby allows additional polygraphs.
Sounds like a good idea?
> That angler has the right to an additional exam, selecting 1 of 3 vendors provided by the tournament….