Lot of heartfelt, well-done announcements by the guys, wish I could include ’em all but can’t. Find ’em on the Bassin’Fan here.
1. KVD’s BPT switch announcement (vid).
Every guy is announcing it in their own way, all good. Kevin is probly/definitely the biggest announcement so worth watching if you haven’t seen it yet. I haven’t talked to him about it (on purpose) but the way he’s saying it tells me this was a very tough decision for him…as it was for many other guys.
2. Seth Feider’s stayin’ announcement (vid).
Hilarious! Caution: F-bomb right at the beginning.
3. Big props to Ish for working a Lab into his announcement.
4. Justin Lucas won a surfin’ contest.
Okay not sure if that’s true but he will be on StrayCasts tomorrow night….
5. FLW Cup champ Clent Davis on BassEdge Radio.
6. “The Real” gets Cashion Rods.
You know who I mean….
7. YUGE congrats to all the Bassin’ Hall of Fame new inductees.
> Berkley Bedell, founder of Berkley
> Gary Klein, a legend and deserving of that label
> el Tomaso de Sanders, el mejor at what he does (also funny as heck)
> Helen Sevier, VERY sharp and second owner of B.A.S.S. after Ray Scott
> Kevin VanDam, pretty good fisherman, won a few things, getting a good rep….
8. AL: Elites will fish Guntersville instead of West Coast.
Not a bad trade…. Boat ramp there being expanded to 8 lanes [!!].
9. CA: Delta FLW Series results here.
Dude named Greg Troughton won it, Ish Monroe got 3rd, top 10 baits breakdown comin’ next Blaster.
10. 50th anniversary of the B.A.S.S. Federation/Nation.
Cool and congrats. Credited to original B.A.S.S. TD Harold Sharp — super-passionate and smart guy I got to know a bit during my BassFan days, no longer with us. Bless you brother Harold.
11. FLW announced BFL improvements for 2019.
Good! The BFLs rock man….
12. Ranger re-ups with Cabela’s college bass.
13. OH has a tourney trail for deaf anglers.
Called Ohio Bass Anglers of the Deaf, or OBAD. Love it.
14. TX: New habitat project at Lake Austin.
15. BUFF’s new stuff is out!
Didja know they make some excellent stuff for cold weather? I rock their beanies — on my thinning dome — all winter.
16. AR commissioner under fire for buying a bass tub.
An allegedly tricked out 18.5′ War Eagle with state funds.
17. Lowrance intros HDS Live, LiveSight coming.
The ‘lectronics wars continue, to our benefit. Some deets here.
18. Yammy has a Why Wait for Spring promotion.
Guess their big motors are back in stock — wasn’t that an issue at one point?
19. KY: Asian carp deterrent will be tested below Barkley Dam.
But…the carp are already in the dang lake!! KILL them outta the lake!
20. LA DNR is having a taxidermy contest.
Winner will be displayed in DNR HQ. Great idea, all states should do it.
21. NC: Hurricane Florence woke up millions of giant skeeters.
I do not like them Sam I am….