1. Brent Chapman is drinking more milk…
…says that’s why he’s leading AOY. Stuff is called Sportsman’s Protein Shake, but should be called Deliciousness full of Nutritiousness — I’ve had me a few cans. They have a new-ish coffee flavor which I haven’t tried yet, so at ICAST you will find me inside their booth at regular intervals:
2. Great Ish Monroe post about post-spawn myths.
> The spawn is never over because it never begins.
My brain hurts from that…and my eyes hurt from this Halloween costume:
3. VanDams start college bassin’ circuit in MI.
Kevin and fam doin’ it. Love it.
4. Win a bassin’ trip with Skeet Reese and Edwin Evers.
5. Matty Herren on BassEdge Radio.
Talkin’ doin’ the flip/pitch.
6. Lookit how A-Mart’s Rhino Head works.
Click that to see the YT vid, but here’s a quick gif — he says the lever action pops the hook into their mouths:
Dude worked on it for YEARS, which is how he rolls. On the TW right now.
7. Freddy Boom Boom ain’t right.
Not sure who likes his new swimbait more, him or the fishes:
8. Jay Yelas spotted on Instagram.
Former B.A.S.S. hammer (includin’ Classic winner) and now FLWer. This may be the first time I’ve run across a pic of him on the Insta. Lookin’ good bro!
9. Westy bro and sis tearing it up on the Costas.
> These two are setting the world on fire on the West Coast. @la8iesfish2 is leading the coangler points in the @flwfishing Costa Series and her brother @uribejr.joe is leading the points on the boater side.
#stout. Guess you could call ’em West Costas….
10. Nichols spoons’ stinger hook system (vid).
Since flutter spoons were all that at the recent Travis Elite….
11. MI DNR finally aware of bass tourney fishing.
Cuz of the mandatory tourney registration program that started 2 years ago:
> “This has really made us aware of just how popular tournament fishing is. Prior to the program, people only talked about how important tournaments were to the economy, but now we see just how important the activity is to our resident anglers as well as those coming in from out of state.”
12. VA: New ramp at Whitehurst opens today.
13. AR: $100K Big Bass Bonanza end of June.
> It’s all taking place on the Arkansas River June 29 through July 1, with access pools in five locations: Fort Smith, Russellville, North Little Rock/Little Rock, Pine Bluff and Dumas.
14. OR: Toxic algae found in Detroit Lake.
15. NH doing lead tackle buy-back.
16. How ’bout this BassForecast story.
> “I have been using BassForecast
for over 2 years now. Caught my first 10-lber last year during a minor feed window on an 8.4-rated day! (I went that day because of a mobile notification sent by BassForecast 6 days prior.)
> “I recently won the FLW BFL on the Arkansas River, and BassForecast was a huge part of that — because I stayed in one spot waiting for a feeding window. I caught my last 2 keepers during the feed window before I had to jet back to the lock or I would miss weigh-in.
> “I absolutely stay put anytime I have an area with fish and I’m in the middle of a feeding window. HUGE part of my tournament arsenal!”
Shelbyville, IL — One of the baits Mike Black won it on was an IN-LINE SPINNER! When’s the last time you heard that?? Made by Wicked Lures. I think I want one!
Eufaula, OK — Mark Johnson weighed at 11:30 (!!!!) and won it! Had 18-06 and wanted to make sure his fish were healthy. #stout
Clarks Hill, SC — Adam Wood won it off 1 point around Russell Dam mostly on a a 3/4-oz Strike King Red Eye Shad (chartreuse sexy). How ’bout a lipless crank!
Ross Barnett, MS — Shannon Denson won it on a Rapala DT-6 (silver/black back), one of those often-fished “secret” baits….
Smith Mntn Lake, VA — Rick Tilley won it upriver on a Lucky Craft Sammy. Haven’t heard about that bait in a while. Some folks loved it, I never bonded with it tho….
19. T-H Marine buys Bluewater LED.
Congrats to ’em all. Jeff Huntley at T-H is either gonna a need a bigger piggy bank or a smaller one! #onfire
20. New Megabass Vision 110 LBOII…
…internal weighting vs the original 110 (top):
21. Vexus Boats officially can have Evinrudes…
…or however you’re suppsoed to say that. Check out the Vexus stuff at vexusboats.com.
22. Tackle Warehouse happenin’s!
> Stuff on clearance, includin’ some sick reels.
> G. Loomis E6X rod closeouts.
> Latest what’s new vid.
> Didja know TW carries JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) tackle?
23. Feeshn Squatch sighting…
…on a tee:
Spring salad bar finally open for bass anglers
Thinkin’ bass-heads would be down with a smoked meats bar or a taco bar, but not a salad bar….
1. Got the confusion on the second 8+ smallmouf in the last Blaster. This fish was in fact caught by Chuck Heidt…hope I got it right this time, sorry mang!
Here’s another shot of that giant Sturgeon Bay Open smallmouth which really lets you see how ginormous it is:
2. All the giveaway winners will be announced soon — they already have their winnin’s. Sorry — always on my list and I never get to it….