1. 4 Elites get Humminbird/Minny Kota.
Chris Zaldain, Chad Pipkens, Harvey Horne, Dale Hightower. #SpotLock
2. Bill Lowen is on Bassin’Edge Radio.
3. Elite rookie Brad Whatley gets Denali Rods.
4. 2 FLWers get Gator Guards/KeelShield.
James Niggemeyer and John Hunter. Brian Latimer and Casey Scanlon already on there.
5. Zona stoked to see who will emerge on the Elites.
Not sure if it’s emerge like outta a cocoon or a bear den, but some hammers will get out fo sho. $$$ comment under Z’s post:
> I think the reason they’re all so jacked for this season is they don’t have to fish against KVD.
Hahahaha heck yeah! donny barone has a little insight into a few new guys.
6. TX: 14.57 outta Marine Creek is “sister” of other DD bass.
> …a full sibling to the 2017 Marine Creek Lake fish [13.07], both stocked from the same group of selectively bred largemouth bass 13 years ago.
Here’s what the genetics look like:
7. KY: FLW supports eliminating new entry fee and ramp tax.
Good! Hope you KYers are doin’t he same.
8. FL: Dates for spraying public hearings are out.
9. LA: Outdoorsmen fighting for Catahoula Lake.
> …the presiding judge sided with the plaintiffs’ expert testimony in his decision to declare that Catahoula Lake was a flooded river basin and a man-made lake, and therefore not a publicly owned waterbody.
10. TX: Floods, cold holding off salvinia in Caddo.
6,000 acres 2 years ago, now 1,500 acres…which is still a lot….
11. OK: State expands Honey Creek area with land purchase.
12. AL Bass Trail working with AL DNR to analyze bass genetics.
13. Looks like Vexus has another new model…
…of glass/tin hybrid, the Advantage 2080. George Liddle runs it down — makin’ me jealous with those shorts n flops:
14. Sign up for Tackle Warehouse Fantasy Fishing.
Lot of rods on the prize list….
15. Here’s Tackle Warehouse’s latest stuff on clearance sale.
> Couple Quantum and Lew’s reels
> Sufix and Sunline lines
> Good deals on “old” Sonar units that are still sick….
16. Daren Cole joins Blue Heron PR as partner/GM.
Daren worked at B.A.S.S., ESPN Outdoors, Skeeter Boats, Yamaha and most recently was the head marketing dude at Navico (Lowrance). He also MIGHT have had a secret job as a professional high-income assassin, and MIGHT have been played in the movie “Survivor” by actor Pierce Brosnan. I can neither confirm or deny this but here they are:
Hahaha what up Cole and the Herons!
17. KY: Muzzy bowfishing tourney Jul 13-14.
Why is this in the Blaster? This:
> …fishing will take place on Kentucky and Barkley lakes, as well as the Tennessee and Cumberland Rivers.
Tell your slime-lovin’ buds so they can go out there and kill some carp!
18. WA DNR wants to raise salmon for…killer whales??
Not bassin’ but…are state DNRs in that business now? Do orcas buy fishing licenses??
19. Had to call this one out.
Outstanding @mysterytacklebox post: