1. Elitist Todd Arey’s boat was hit by a police vehicle…
…and the police dept’s insurance company is refusing to pay for the damage. Full story on Bassin’Fan, glad they covered it. Sounds like a recent insurance experience I had — would love to know whether there’s any honest insurance companies out there.
Todd will be fishing from a loaner — Bryan Thrift’s old boat…which might have some mojo.
2. Zona caught him a log that looks like a fish!
Pretty sure that’s Seth “no alpaca no gracias” Feider on the bow tryin’ not to be disgusted:
3. NY: Champlain FLW economic impact will be $1.9 mil?
4. NJ: Bergen Bassmasters 31st annual special needs tourney…
…happened last Sat, huge props for sticking with what’s become a big deal for folks. What one of the participants said:
> “I never knew what fishing was until I held this fishing pole for the first time, years ago. Now it’s freedom.
> “It takes me away from the struggles of having autism, but it also takes me away from the heartache of being labeled as something that you don’t want to be labelled. I feel like a first-class citizen here.”
5. GA: Ex Dolphins WR Kendall Newson teaching kids to fish.
> He focuses on providing underprivileged, disabled and less-fortunate children with the opportunity to enjoy their natural surroundings, and if they can’t get out somewhere to fish, Newson brings the fish to them in a portable fishing pond.
6. TX: New law requires boat drivers attached to kill switches.
Effective Sept 1.
7. OH: Is bass fishing at a historic low…
…in OH as it says at that link? Says the high was in the late ’90s. If so, hope something changes as OH has always been a bassin’ stronghold.
8. NY bass season starts Saturday…
…and lasts for 2 weeks…lol.
9. KS Nation using WhatsApp for a weigh-in?
Love to hear more about that KS folks:
> Anglers are instructed to download the app and text their name/handle…where they will be instructed to join the “KBN Conservation” group. Anglers will be given a conservation-friendly set of portable scales and will be asked to take a photograph of themselves with the fish and weight. More details will be explained at the angler’s meeting prior to the tournament.
10. NC: Catawba Valley Community College hires first bassin’ coach.
She sounds like a stick too:
> Angela Mayo…has been participating on the Lady Bass Anglers Association Women’s Pro Tour since 2014.
> Last season, Mayo qualified for the NC B.A.S.S. State Team and…qualified for the B.A.S.S. Nation National Championship…becoming only the 2nd woman to ever qualify for the championship.
Love seeing a Jr college gettin’ into it! #girlpower
11. NC wants volunteers for planting fish attractors…
…on Shearon Harris. Gitcha free waypoints too….
12. NC: Is Duke Energy polluting a bunch of lakes?
Including Norman and Wylie?
13. OH DNR has a big Sandusky Bay project.
Gonna make it cleaner and more bass-friendly they say.
14. WA: Do shad hurt salmon more than bass?
> With more shad coming over the Bonneville Dam in one day than spring Chinook for the whole year, we should get a clue. Shad spend their time scarfing down the same zooplankton the salmon smolts need to get big and strong.
15. IA DNR will kill gizzard shad out of Sugema this fall.
16. American Baitworks buys SnagProof.
If you’re keeping track they’ve bought: NetBait, Southern Lure/Scum Frog, Halo Fishing and half of Freedom Tackle so far, guess it’s still on the prowl….
17. SPRO is coming out with a John Crews spybait.
I think it’s called the Fat Little John Spy Spin Twirl.
18. ‘Rude has 3 new 3-cylinder outboards.
115 H.O., 140hp and 150hp.
19. Check this T-H Marine tee!
Diggin’ it…and sale:
20. SD: Is it me or do these fish look still alive?
21. Now Tesla says it’s building a ‘lectric pickup.
But…from what I read the company’s not doing so hot, plus the founder/chairman has smoked dope on camera so….
22. IL: Chicago carp derby called “the Big Nasty.”
Hahaha fo sho!
23. Peta nutcases might have lost a few more marbles.
It’s getting it’s summer anti-fishing thing going, which is nothing new — lot of wrong info, also nothing new. But it’s also saying this about…oysters:
> “Their shells are torn open and their bodies are cut up. Oysters can sense danger and hide inside their shells.”
The craziest part about this is people actually send them money….
24. Ireland is fighting a crayfish “plague.”
It’s a fungus. They sure do like to throw that “plague” word around in Europe….
Big carp biting at Buena Vista
Uh, carp don’t bite, they…suck. Yep, carp suck (heehee!).