1. New even-smaller sizes for Paul Mueller’s Freestyle Jighead.
Same ones he used to win Lanier. Don’t think they’re on TackleWarehouse yet, but are on the Do-It site (can’t link it here). New mold is 1/32- to 3/16-oz. Paul texted:
I was like, “We’re talkin’ bass fishing right Paul??” He said:
> “Yes I catch big bass with that lol.”
So there you go. But Paul likes him some smaller stuff — here’s his dog on the counter:
2. Gerald Swindle was fishing a pool noodle??
Turned on the MLF/BOT Live deal and…check it:
3. Watch Todd Faircloth boat-flip a 9-lber.
That bass look shocked or what?
Guess Todd was so stoked he’s like, Aaaah don’t care about the penalty….
4. BPTer Wesley Strader has a questionable bait name.
Extremely questionable .Stumbled across-t this on the TW — meet you PH Custom Lures “Strader’s Pooh” crank. Yep, that’s what it’s called and not sure if puttin’ the “h” at the end makes that big a difference!
Reminds me of my fave book cover of all time:
I mean, who would name a kid’s book that man, come on hahaha!
5. Elitist Steve Kennedy’s ’18 Bass Cat Eyra for sale.
Looks like he removed the blue tiger wrap…but I gotta think that would add to the value? I mean, that’s how I’d want it….
6. NC: The BPTers outed Jordan Lake.
Known in the state as a big-bass lake, not known much outside the state, now you know:
Guess Kelly JordON had a huge day:
Said he was motivated cuz he was sick of everyone misspelling his last name JordAN. I was like, “Well you did it on JorD-A-N so won’t people remember that spelling more now?” He said, “Kumar!” then I lost the call, don’t know what happened….
Btw Kelly’s best 5 the day he weighed 82-04 (26 feesh) weighed 28-06. Thanks to Jo-El Shangle from Krypton for doing the math.
7. Kevin Short is getting his thrills in a new way.
Guess if you’ve done it all in a boat, you experiment with insane stuff like 200hp tiller-steers:
[big eyes emoji]
8. CA: Stout stats from recent Clear Lake tourney.
> It took 50.31 lbs to win the 2-day event. The tournament produced 1,066 bass and the overall average fish weight was an incredible 3.29 lbs.
9. LA: Giant Salvinia choking out Saline Lake?
10. NY: Bill banning competitive hunting won’t affect fishing?
> … fish are defined separately from “wildlife” in state law, and therefore fishing and ice fishing tournaments…would not be affected.
YET. Btw the bill is the same one intro’d around the country by the animal rights folks to stop things like guys who are making us all look bad by doing things like running over coyotes with snowmobiles.
No surprise in NY, the bills in both houses are being sponsored by legislators from New York City and close-by areas from one political party.
11. Mossy Oak app streaming Collegiate Bass Fishing Series.
2 seasons, 14 episodes.
12. Check the Fish Head Primal Vibe in action.
For some reason reminds me of this Jurassic Park dude:
13. LA: Crappie tourney contributing $1 mil to local economy??
> “I’ve seen some figures from the last year from some smaller tournaments, and the minimum is $300,000 and that’s just for 1 day. This one, I would have to imagine gets close to $1 million if not more”….
14. FL: Virus might be killing St Johns turtles.
Doesn’t sound like a good sign when turtles are dying….
15. MI: Red swamp crayfish might invade the Great Lakes.