1. Cliff Crochet has to be less emotional.
I’ve seen him cryin’ many a time…HAHAHA kiddin’. Says in that link he’s gotten spun out by ScoreTracker, so he’s gonna ditch his trolling motor and use a paddle instead to get some nervous energy out.
Okay not the last part.
2. Keith Poche says he needs to be less stubborn.
> …still need to be willing to make adjustments. It’s not always going to go my way. I’ve got to fish on the fly and keep an open mind. I need to realize I’m not in total control.
Exactly. Boyd is in total control, not you…heehee!
3. Bid on Jared Lintner’s jersey (eBay)…
…to help JT Borofka, Jason Borofka’s son. Jason is a West Coast basser. Also check saveJT.com. What a cute little dude, hopin’ for ’em.
4. Taku’s hero is Takahiro.
Takumi Ito said it about the Japan-to-US OG Takahiro Omori on StrayCasts. Very cool! Tak also talks to Taku in Japanese and they both laugh — so pretty sure that was about Pat….
I love Tak — great guy and he’s got a great sense of humor as you can tell from that vid. Don’t know Taku yet but lookin’ forward to meetin’ him.
5. Clark Wendlandt’s motivation now is a blue trophy.
> “When our kids were young and playing sports, I didn’t want to leave home and head up north to fish tournaments. But they’re married now, and I just think about catching the next bass.”
The first part is my life right now except the getting to fish part….
6. Jacob Wheeler gives serious thought to his cranks.
I knew that but didn’t think it was this serious:
10. Dean Rojas’ son Austin got a bassin’ schollie.
Simpson U in Cali. Congrats! Word is the decision came down to being able to only fish frogs…kidding.
11. Welcome to the first episode of “Elite Series nutrition.”
Chris Zaldain shot, I think he’s the guy with Minn Kota on his face but hard to tell without a ‘stache:
12. Opens angler Andrew Upshaw says Insta-stalk Elites…
…for bait/pattern hints:
> One little trick is to find an Elite Series pro from that area, follow their social media, and see what they are up to. Most of the time, said angler will post pictures, videos and general fishing information about the place you are visiting.
If you start knowin’ their birthdays and weddin’ anniversaries, you need to back off some….
13. Zona talks more about smallmouths sliding.
14. Flukemaster talkin’ MG Xi3 troller for ‘yaks TODAY on Insta.
9 pm EST on @bassthumbsfishing
15. PA: Microplastics in smallmouths NOT from baits.
Good to hear — Susquehanna smalls:
> The most common microplastics pulled from the fish innards were microscopic fibers, which could come from synthetic clothing, twine, plastic straws, tarps, diapers, wipes, fabrics or cigarette butts.
> Other types…included foam from food containers and cups; industrial pellets; film from plastic grocery bags, bottles and candy wrappers; and jagged fragments of plastic.
Also mentioned they found a chipmunk in one — new topwater!
16. AR: Lake Ouachita water levels are way up.
Above flood level and apparently more rain coming. Hope everyone’s okay there.
17. Lookit this bait!
“Citrus shad” BOOYAH XCS squarebill…pic makes me want it pretty bad:
18. “Real-life” shot of the new Yo-Zuri 3DB deep jerkbait…
…spotted in Brandon “birthday” Card’s boat — lookin’ good! I think that’s “ghost sexy shad:”
19. New BUFF stuff for the cool/cold.
Stuff that I like:
L to R:
1. Polar BUFF (concrete) — BUFF with PrimaLoft fleece. My experience is that fleece around the neck helps keep me warm big-time.
2. Lightweight Merino Wool Balaclava (black) — Merino is the best, and I like the longer balaclava for the same neck reason….
3. Polar Neckwarmer (hunter orange) — I wear a lotta hunter orange in the fall/winter, and if it gets cold enough this PrimaLoft Fleece deal once again on the neck is money.
There’s a reason BUFF makes all this neck stuff for the cool temps!
20. Gitcha underwater vid of the Lunkerhunt Finesse Frog!
Could be a frog, a toad or a fat craw:
Now on Tackle Warehouse yo!
20. They wear robes at Bill Lewis??
Can’t tell if he’s wearin’ slippers too:
Btw that’s Wes Higgins, Bill Lewis head man. Possibly alarming….
21. Cool shot of a Okuma Helios SX.
These are legit good in my experience, though haven’t long-termed ’em yet. Come in 6.6, 7.3 and 8.1, and are on the TW.
22. What a YOLOtek rear light pole view looks like.
Gotta have it! That’s Carl Jocumsen’s boat…but Carl’s mysteriously not there:
23. Wally-mart fishing tackle sales up.
Seems like Walmart keeps wanting to decrease the amount of fishing stuff it offers — at least in some areas — but maybe needs to think the other way?
24. Shimano 9th-richest company in Japan?
Not sure if that’s more surprising or that Nintendo is #1?
25. TN: TVA getting ready for more anti-carp bubble walls.
Asian carp. They’re clearing the bottom below the locks which is causing “intermittent” lock closures.
26. MN: Jumping worms now in the state.
I blame Seth Feider’s Mntn Dew stash leaking….