1. GoFundMe still up for Aaron Martens.
Please help if you can.
2. Casey Ashley likes subtle vibes.
Like from the ribs on the Zoom Z Craw and Z Craw Jr:
> “It’s really hard for us as anglers to mimic the vibration these fish feel in the water…we have blades on jigs, bills on crankbaits and stuff like that, but it’s the subtle vibration that makes the most difference. That’s what this bait gives you that I think a lot of other baits can’t duplicate. That subtle vibration from the ribs and tail….”
I asked him if he could explain that subtle vibe deal and he sent me this:
3. Jeff Kriet fishes a tube for suspended schoolers.
Let’s temporarily put aside the fact that Kriet is a couple hotdogs short of a picnic, if you know what I mean. He is a heck of a fisherman regardless so:
> The “normal” thing to do is to throw a topwater or work a swimbait through schooling fish. However, I prefer using a tube on a 1/8-oz jighead to cast at those schoolers.
> I’ve probably won near 100 tournaments on Lake Murray using a tube with a jighead like that, and I’ve caught largemouth and smallmouth with it. I like a watermelon-colored tube for this just because that seems to work the best….
4. Stephen Browning: Go where a technique will work.
How to learn — go to a place where they’ll bite it:
> My son recently mentioned to me that he’s had some success fishing a big spoon offshore. It got me thinking about my spoon setup, so I spent some time in my garage working on tackle, and then made a day trip to a lake where I could put in some time with my electronics and a spoon.
5. Episode 3 of Zaldaingerousness is up.
Still have not seen any husband/wife competition ‘n such (that’s a hint Zaldains!).
6. Rick Clunn talks through the history of the squarebill (YT vid).
Love these videos.
7. How Elitist Garrett Paquette tests hooks.
Looks like there’s easier ways to do it? Lol glad he’s all good…sorta:
8. Chris Johnston’s and Brandon Palaniuk’s leader info.
Both used Seaguar Tatsu fluoro. Chris used 6-lb fluoro around the St Lawrence’s rocks to catch 5-lb smallmouths, and Brandon used 8-lb around zebra mussels in Champlain. Pretty serious testimonials man….
9. The Tactical Bassin guys are moving to TN??
Wow! Guess that means Chickamauga can kick out the bigs as good as Clear Lake? Anyhow, congrats to ’em and hope all goes smoothly. Gotta say — the bassin’ and the taxes/cost of living are real good in TN…especially compared to CA….
Rumor is one too many NorCal ‘Squatch incidents is a reason for the move….
10. Couple Ravens DBs gettin’ their bass on!
Love to see it! Pretty hilarious Marlon Humphrey commentary about Marcus Peter’s little bass — click it for the Twit vid:
Thanks to bass-head Davin G for the heads!
11. Washington WR Terry McLaurin is lookin’ for a pro…
…to teach him bassin’, kinda new to the fishing game but seems ate up:
> …hoping that soon he’ll be able to get connected to some professional bass fisherman in the DC area. Feel free to send him a direct message, he says. He’s willing to exchange an afternoon on a boat talking football for some real expert angling advice.
12. Win Chris Wells’ Nitro Z-18.
Bassin’ chaplain raffles one off every year, here ’tis — ShopVac not included lol:
13. VA: Hospice charity tourney on Smith Mntn Sept 11-12.
14. Good underwater vids of a bunch o’ CatchCo baits.
Soft-plastics — on Insta.
15. Check this overhead shot of a Vexus VX.
Whoooooa man. Huge, wide decks — check out the width at the bow — and I’m diggin’ that tan color:
Lookit the VX specs here.
16. YETI has 2 new greens.
First is sagebrush green — if you’re even remotely interested, might wanna jump on it cuz they sold outta chartreuse in a hurry:
Related: I think the new Toyota Tundra might have a similar color?
Other new YETI color just announced today is Northwoods Green — dark green — looks very “hunting” to me….
17. New Gammy trebles going for longer-lasting sharpness.
> Gamakatsu’s new Treble SP Medium Heavy hook utilizes their Hypershield technology making it more corrosion resistant than standard hooks. …features Tournament Grade Wire…thinner, stronger and sharper…ensures the hook point stays sharper, longer.
I wish I was sharper longer too, so will be looking to get Hypershielded myself…lol.
18. PSA: Buck Knives is having some sick specials.
19. FL: How big a bass can an osprey catch?
At least this big:
20. CAN: Tackle retainer Canadian Tire killed it in Q2.
Stores were closed but still:
> …its digital and e-commerce business…reached CN$600m in the quarter, far exceeding its full-year digital sales in 2019.
21. CAN removed retaliatory tariffs on US boats.
The Canadians are always nicer than us…except in sports, those guys are vicious man….
22. IL biz working to get Asian carp from IL River.
Could be 15-20 mil lbs per year?? Dang, kinda hope there’s not that many?
23. DC: Sportfish hatcheries can now get federal Corona $$.
I assume it means private hatcheries….
24. Less sulfur in air means more in fertilizer?
Which can also cause acid “rain”?
25. This hat has zero to do with fishing but it’s a 10.
If you have such facial hair…and the hat fits: