2. KVD is killin’ it…
…as an on-air dude for the BPT Redcrest. Not surprised at all, not just because he’s KVD — dude is $$$ media-wise. Tell him you need 30 seconds or 10 minutes on some fishing deal and he will nail it right off the top of his head. Watch out Z….
Btw, KVD was watching Jacob Wheeler today and Marty Stone had an innerestin’ observation — about how Wheeler fishes just about as fast as KVD but isn’t as good as Kevin when it comes to progressing through baits to get on ’em. But…seems like Jacob is headin’ in the KVD direction, however he gets there….
JT Kenney was talkin’ ’bout Lewis and Clark — pretty sure they never bass-fished?
3. Real good Micah Frazier advice…
…for folks who want to go pro in this post. Btw Micah released this vid about what inspired him to give it all he had to win the St Lawrence:
The pro bassin’ struggle is real man…brought a tear to my eye….
Hahaha Micah! (Full vid here.)
4. You can get a gift box of Brent Champman’s baits.
From Westin, should be available for Christmas time. Apparently the gift box o’ baits deal is a big thing in Europe, which is where Westin is based — click it for the vid:
5. Bill Lowen gets cooler.
Know that’s hard to believe (heehee!)…Mammoth Coolers.
Don’t think that’s a Squatch glove, just a regular monkey…. Btw I have some of those Fish Monkey gloves and they’re good.
8. LA: Falling water turning on the bass?
> …dramatic falling levels in the Mississippi and Atchafalaya rivers flipped the switch. Bass are turned on…after months of record high water….
9. FL: Corps working on a new Okeechobee plan.
Hope it includes bass fishing…. Also, FWC planning to remove bottom “muck” there.
10. CA: Irvine is open for fishing again but…
…shoreline only for now.
11. Check the Baby Bull Shad in action.
Niiiiiiice. Can only get ’em here.
12. CatchCo/Googan have 8 new cranks.
Saw ’em at ICAST, seem legit, we’ll see…. Not on the TW yet.
13. First Lunkerhunt Spider fatty?
@harleysethcarter be sayin’ yep:
Actually called the Phantom Spider and a lotta fish are a-waitin’ to see one….
14. Alpha Angler has a new rod…temporarily.
Oh snap — limited edition, limited quantity TopHammer topwater rod. 7′ MFast. #want
15. How to revive your outboard.
Click it to read the post if you can’t make it out. That’s with regular Sea Foam Motor Treatment, but the new Sea Foam Marine PRO is even better for outboards. Both are great fuel stabilizers too….
16. New Vexus VX21 walkthrough vids.
Up on their YouTube channel, 2nd-best thing to gettin’ in one yourself….
17. Minn-Kota will have Mega Side Imaging in Ultrexes this fall.
18. PA: Bloody red shrimp spreading in Erie.
> …the closest the bloody red shrimp had been found in Lake Erie waters was near Dunkirk, NY. It’s also been found off the Ashtabula, OH shoreline….
Might want to dropshot a pink bead-head wet fly….
19. TX: Zebras found in LBJ and Pflugerville.
Central TX. As a result, the TPWD is planning to stock gobies.
Kidding about the gobies….
20. NY/VT: Eels washing up dead at Lake Champlain.
No cause found yet.
21. TX: What a spillway failure looks like.
Dang — no warning! That was Lake Dunlap on the Guadalupe River, 1 of 4 lakes on that river that will be “drained by the end of Sept after water officials decided spillway gates at the lakes are too dangerous to maintain.”
22. AAA says gas might fall 25 cents this fall.
Make it 50 and you got a deal….