1. Check Zona and Elitist Clark Wendlandt crush ’em…
…at an undisclosed location in AR, click the pic for the full goin’s downs:
Heard Clark needed some extra love so there you go Clark!
2. Elitist Keith Combs will be peeped a lot at Fork.
Says he has a few strategies to deal with it includin’ this savage disguise:
3. Check the new Garmin maps Hank Cherry’s running.
Hope you can color them differently else I’ll be lookin’ fer huntin’ spots instead of feeshn:
4. Lookit this cypress tree Elitist Derek Hudnall found.
Asked him if he flipped it and he said he didn’t think his baits were big enough.
Kidding — OF COURSE he flipped it! #basshead
5. Scott Martin selling a 2019 Ranger 520L.
6. Jamey Caldwell rescued a family of ducks.
He was all stoked — I texted him back, “You know those aren’t real, right?” Man was he ticked…at Kevin Short….
Happened at the Bassin’ Cat owners derby on Beaver Lake. Some folks say Beaver’s not so bad, but the winners of that deal — Dan Busch and Ted Carter — had 10 for 31.86 lbs over 2 days.
7. Dude from WI won the Smith Lake, AL Open!
Congrats to Caleb Kuphall, who probly couldn’t bass-fish in WI cuz it’s iced up or ain’t legal yet so he went down south yonder and won it. Shame on you AL guys (heehee):
> …used homemade 3/8-oz jigs, one shaped for swimming and the other for flipping, and both tipped with soft-plastic crawfish trailers.
Green pumpkin was the all-around choice….
That last part’s innerestin’ cuz he went with gp even around herring/clear water for spotted bass…which makes me think ANY BAIT in gp will catch ’em ANY TIME.
8. BPT most penalized anglers so far…
…plus my reactions to ’em. Check mark = yep, not surprised:
9. I’s gonna be on Stray Casts TOMORROW evenin’.
No idea what we’re gonna talk about and I doubt Pat does either but I’m sure it’ll be a time! Tune in at 7 pm Central Wed on StrayCasts.net or Facebook @StrayCasts. Loved this graphic — Hackney’s in the passenger seat:
10. TX: Country dude singing on Sunday at the Elite.
Guy named Chris Knight, but he doesn’t look too stoked about it:
Hahaha! Someone give that guy back his ice cream cone man, dang….
11. Fork guide James Caldemeyer shows what’s up on Fork.
That’s a gizzard shad that looks bigger than that 3:16 Lures Beat glide bait:
12. MLF BPT gets Lithium Pros batteries.
Check ’em on Tackle Warehouse.
13. Zimbabwe, Namibia latest to be sanctioned by FLW.
I like this whole international deal. So what if they don’t even have bass?
Kidding about the bass part….
14. FLW announced first yak tour sponsors.
One’s Polaris, which as you might remember owns a minority interest in FLW.
15. TX: Bass Champs Cedar Creek winners had 30.76 lbs.
16. LA: MS River marsh bass population lookin’ good.
BUT if everywhere’s “private” water, so what?
17. FL: Algae bloom happenin’ on St Johns.
They’re not sure if it’s serious yet.
18. DC: Supreme Court rules TVA does not have immunity…
…in boat accident case:
> The dispute arose when Gary Thacker and his wife, Venida, sued the TVA for negligence after he and another man, Anthony Szozda, riding in a [bass] boat on the TN River were struck by a conductor while crews attempted to raise a partially submerged power line in 2013. Szozda was killed. [I believe Gary was seriously injured.]
> Thacker and his wife argued that the TVA failed to exercise reasonable care in the assembly and installation of power lines across the river. They also said it failed to exercise reasonable care in warning boaters of hazards it created.
My 2c — this next part is true and also disturbing:
> “The federal government today is involved in far more activities that used to be primarily private and plays a bigger role in various markets than ever before,” said Sisk, the Laghi Distinguished Chair in Law at the Minneapolis school. “As the federal government becomes more involved in such activities that parallel the private sector, the doors of the courthouse will open more widely as well for those who are harmed by the government’s conduct.”
Bless you bassin’ folks.
19. AL: Mayfly time so I’m thinkin’…
…the Lunkerhunt Dragonfly? 3″, not mayfly-sized but maybe cut it down?