1. Former Elite pro Jason Quinn sues Bernie Sanders.
From the article:
> Sanders, and his campaign, used images of Quinn and the boat in a campaign video called, “5 Reasons the Border Wall Won’t stop Drugs,” the lawsuit states.
> The video explains that drug smugglers travel by sea, then shows images of Quinn in the boat, according to the lawsuit.
> Quinn stated in the lawsuit that Sanders and the campaign invaded his privacy, defamed him, and Sanders and his campaign were grossly negligent and reckless in using the video. The video has had millions of hits on Facebook, You Tube and other sites, the lawsuit states.
Here’s a screencap from the vid — typo seems to be embedded in the vid (doh):
Vid also appears to be on Bernie’s site. Rumor is if elected Bernie will fund the settlement through new taxes on bass fishermen…HAHAHA!
2. Will Clent Davis fish the “auto bass” at the Classic?
Possibly? Probably? That’s the Yo-Zuri 3DS Mid Crank (“hot tiger” color in the vid):
3. What might be fished at el Clasico?
Gussy “Jeff” Gustafson:
> …a lot of us will be throwing Z-Man’s new “fire craw” [color]. You’ll see this bright red ChatterBait rigged on the decks of a lot of anglers at the Classic — can’t tell you how many competitors have been asking me to hook them up with this color.
> ‘Fire craw’ Jack Hammers
have become hard to find, though, so alternatives like ‘spring craw’ and ‘Hite’s hot craw’ could also play prominently. I put a green pumpkin RaZor ShadZ
on the back….
Gussy also mentioned Paul Mueller’s secret that’s not a secret no mo: “At the 2014 Classic at Guntersville, Paul Mueller set the 1-day tournament record, boating something like 32 lbs with a ChatterBait Elite.”
That’s the first time anyone knew who Paul was…except for Paul and his family and friends I mean…hahaha Paul! Told him last week that was the first time we met…sounded weird after I said it…lol!
Post says Eastern Opens Classic qualifier Grae Buck played hawkey at Penn State? Outstanding!
4. Seth Feider signature tungsten flippin’ jig coming.
5. At Okeechobee KVD got surprised then got stuck.
That’s 2 more fishing mistakes than he’s ever made in his life…!
6. Jacob Powroznik ‘splains a little more about the MotorGuide Tour Pro…
…helpin’ him in his win (vid). Peeps been sayin’ they’re not sure if they’re publicly available yet — looks like the Tour is available on TW but it’s still pre-order for the Tour Pro. Btw here’s the Tour’s metal pedal:
Ooops nope that’s guitar stuff sorry hahaha! Here’s the MotorGuide pedal:
7. This year Jame Elam’s not fishing for 5.
‘Bout time Elam hahaha! But seriously:
> I wrote myself a note this offseason…”When you aren’t getting bites, MOVE.” …multiple times last year where I chose to stay in 1 spot for too long of a time because I was too resistant to change.
8. Jordan Lee talks fish in Luke Dunkin’s boat.
Enjoyed it. Didn’t watch 100% of it tho….
9. Elitist Brad Whatley gets Band of Anglers.
10. B-Rad Hallman on BassEdge RaydeeO.
B-Rad talks hook selection and why he’s so Rad….
11. Davy Hite on where to find prespawn bass after cold fronts (vid).
Not sure if Davy fishes anymore but he sure remembers a lot (heehee Davy!). Good W2F vid. He’s fishin’ the Storm 360GT Swimmer Searchbait (pearl ice, below) near the bottom. Says he likes the lip on the head for keeping the bait down:
12. Denny Brauer talks topwater fishing (vid).
A clear violation cuz Denny has only fished jigs his entire life. I mean his middle name is “Jig!” I was like, “Denny, who gave you that niuckname?” He’s like, “It’s my real middle name.” I started to laugh but then I noticed he wasn’t smilin’ so I was like, “Hey are those pelicans feedin’ over there?”
Anyhow, he likes Seaguar Smackdown Stealth Gray braid for topwaters…if he fished ’em….
13. Stray Casts BassT of Classic Champs.
Be tunin’ in tomorrow night Mar 4 at 7pm Central on StrayCasts YouTube….
14. Might be seeing this at the Classic?
Last year’s SIMMS Challenger jacket and bibs are on sale at TW now…!
15. New Jewel Jolt-X will be at the Classic.
Red, white and blue, 1/2-oz, big CO blade, once again designed for 3.8 Keitech Fats:
Gayle Julian and the Jewel crew come up with stuff that they want and catches ’em. I want all 3 colors…. Learn ya more about ’em in this quick vid.
16. Classic: Check this crazy idea!
I like the boldness — at the CatchCo/Karl’s booth:
> We’ve also brought back our “Swag Swap” vending machine where attendees can trade in anything they get at the show for something better.
17. FL: Harris Chain management meetings start next week.
18. AR: Lots of fish attractors now in Lake Poinsett.
19. New college MLF-style tourneys at BPT events.
2 teams from 10 schools (20 total teams) at each.
20. Check these BOOYAH One Knocker fish.
On their social — lipless time of year:
Reminder that One Knockers (and Hard Knockers) have showed up in a lot of tourney high finishes lately too….
21. Do you fish a red/white lipless?
Love the history stuff that we’ve either forgotten or never learned:
> The old-timers used to just fish a red head on a white body. Later guys like Tommy Martin and David Truax added white stripes to red ‘Traps using white paint pens. Pictured here is the most popular combo these days…we call it “retro craw” for its traditional color scheme.
TW doesn’t have that color but the Bill Lewis site does.
22. Cold-water bank bassin’ with…
…the Lunkerhunt Bento Minnow:
Now I wanna try it with that realistic look and subtle tail….
23. Trey Kistler breaks down all his rod lines (vid).
They’re all strong and sensitive, just like Trey (heehee!). Find some at Tackle Warehouse, some at the Kistler site.
24. How to A-Rig with FishLab Bio-Minnows.
Quick YT vid using the Bio-Minnows with EWG hooks:
25. Did I know Alpha Angler had a Power Skipping rod?
For jigs n frogs n such….
26. Did you know Okuma makes a swimbait-only rod?
Called the Okuma SBX, 7′ 11″. I don’t throw the big baits but if I did I’d sure want a rod designed to make it lighter on me….
27. T-H Marine Steer Stops getting good reviews.
4″ Steer Stop Outboard Hydraulic Steering Lock — in case you’ve been wonderin’ about ’em:
Believe they’re also available on TW.
28. Reaction Innovations will have Classic custom colors.
29. Did BassFan’s Todd Ceisner move to In-Fisherman?
Sounds like it. Congrats to him, hope this means those folks are gonna put some actual love into In-Fish, which it’s needed….
30. Steve Self is St. Croix’s new sales director.
Came from distributor Maurice Sporting Goods.
31. MN: Could this be the Asian carp killer?
DNA-edited male carp “spray.” Personally not a fan of messin’ with DNA because I really don’t think folks know exactly what they’re doing with that but:
> …plans to produce batches of male carp that would destroy the eggs of female carp during spawning season. The modified male fish would spray the eggs as if fertilizing them. But the seminal fluid — thanks to DNA editing — would instead cause the embryonic eggs to biologically self-destruct in a form of birth control that wouldn’t affect other species nor create mutant carp in the wild.
32. PSA: Reminder that Sea Foam Marine PRO is at NAPA.
Was tough to find last year, hopefully way easier this year…. Some learnin’s about Marine PRO here at the Sea Foam site.
The Classic is not like any other tournament