Dave Colley has stage 4 stomach cancer, and chemo treatments have created a big financial burden for his family. If you can help, please hit the GoFundMe account here
. If you pray, please send a few his way.
Long-time Seaguar VP passed away after a long bout with cancer. RIP fishin’ brother.
3. Final day of practice with Combs.
Question for ya: If you were the fave at the Classic and knew you’d be in a photo gallery published before the Classic, would you fish the baits and spots you planned on fishing in the Classic?
Keith just got Old Town canoes/kayaks….
4. How Alton Jones (Al Sr) sizes up the Classic.
> “The lake is going to fish small because it is small, so it will be imperative to do whatever you are doing better than the next guy,” said Jones, the winner of six B.A.S.S. events.
> “I suspect the winner of this event will catch two or three 8-lbers throughout the week.
> “This will not be a total post-spawn event…I think it’s possible that we will have another wave of females push in (to spawn) during the tournament.
> “The spawn bite is not a sight fishing bite as the water is not that clean.”
> “There’s a shad spawn going on now for about an hour each morning and that may be the best window to get a good foundation for your day.
> “The fish have been getting a lot of pressure for the past few weeks. Even during our practice you had to work your way around local anglers in every area.
> “Getting 20 lbs a day will be very strong, and I predict 64 lbs to win it all.”
5. Elitist Skylar Hamilton running tin boat in Classic.
Xpress Xclusive Series X21, same boat he runs on the Elites. #tinboatmafia
6. Big storm coming day 1 at Conroe?
7. Did you know factoids about Conroe.
> Doesn’t have grass — Why: grass carp and herbicides…and locals wanted the hydrilla out. So it could fish more like a highland rez than a lowland one, especially if the fish are post-spawn like they’re supposed to be.
> 17 ShareLunkers came outta there = 13+ lb fish = stout!
8. Check Yusuke Miyazaki’s new Swish Bait (vid).
A topwater rip-bait?
9. VA: Shearon Harris dude wins Smith Mntn BFL.
One-half the team that slayed the 40+ lb sacks at Shearon racked a win at Stingy Mountain Lake (lol):
> …found an area where big females were staging for the spawn…with a gp Dave’s Tournament Tackle
football jig with a Dave’s Tournament Tackle Sweet Tail Craw (gp)….
10. Ya miss me on Stray Casts last night?
Talkin’ Classic, showin’ off a Hot Wheels…. Check it here.
11. Gitcha limited run StutterStep 4.0s afore they’re gone!
Smaller 4″ size, 3D printed (a first to sell #D print baits for sale I believe?), limited number, Tackle Warehouse only:
12. Check these limited-time Seaguar promos.
> Mark Rose got us a deal on TATSU fluoro! Buy 2 spools and get 2 free. Click the pic for the deets:
> Bassmaster Classic apparel promotion — code is Classic2017:
13. TX: Locals don’t want border wall around Falcon.
> “If a wall were built and we would somehow lose access to the lake, it would decimate our economy.”
14. GA: First college gals fishing team in FLW College Championship.
Love it. #girlpower
15. TN: Shelby Forest ramp might be closed.
On Mississippi River.
16. 6 new Bassin’ Cat dealers.
1. Century Marine, Mesa, AZ
2. Tycoon Motorsports, Kingston, OK
3. Limit Out Performance Marine, Inc., Pacific, WA
4. Helm Marine, Aberdeen, SD
5. Wood Boat & Motor, Inc., Warwick, RI
6. Taylor’s South Shore Marina, Wilmington, OH
17. I’m takin’ one o’ these to the Classic.
Mentioning for 3 reasons:
1. Kinda stoked about it. If you travel a bunch, like I do, what you carry makes a difference. Plus the whole grey/metallic orange thing looks cool…which is important yo!
2. Also has a bagnin’ name: the Bounty Hunter, like:
3. Here’s the deal with Simms stuff: It’s good. I don’t love it all, but the Simms stuff I like I wear literally all the time. Like the Westshore flops — magic cuz my feet never get tired in ’em — and the Axis Hoody…which costs 2 HUNNERT DOLLARS but in cool weather I almost never take it off. My wife says it smells cuz I don’t top wearing it long enough to wash it…. (TMI, sorry)