1. Josh Bertrand: Bed-fishing is risky on the BPT.
> “I wasn’t the world’s most patient sight fisherman to begin with, but I’ve spent an hour or 2 on a huge fish in the past while fishing a 5-fish format. Now, there’s no time to do that because if you lose 2 hours of your day, you’ll fall so far back in the standings.
> “Now I like to target the high-percentage fish that will bite quickly, and only give a fish 5 minutes before leaving.”
2. Mike Iaconelli keeping his clones locked up…
…in a shed on south Jersey bassin’ mafia property. I mean, he doesn’t have to do 5 things at once right now and they’re only clones, plus the shed’s kinda nice:
Just watch out for that Order 66 deal….
Mike’s also doing an online tourney, deets here.
3. Ott DeFoe’s on BassEdge Radio.
4. Larry Nixon might be back in June.
Meantime he’s casting lefty as he gets that new shoulder strengthened up.
5. This is the meanest you can look in one of those old lady bonnets.
Randy Howell on the MLF site:
Gonna recommend a BUFF and regular hat man! Wonder if this deal has anything to do with Randy being a librarian before he was a pro basser…?
6. More memories about Forrest Wood.
From Bernie Schultz.
Bassmaster’s Bryan Brasher and Billy Dance.
7. donny barone thanks Dave Precht.
Learn a few things about Dave if you don’t know him. A hugely key person in B.A.S.S. — and thus all of bassin’ — since almost day 1 and great dude.
Also watch db chattin’ with JO/Overstreet on Facebook. 2 great peeps.
8. FLW added old tourneys to YouTube.
Good! ‘Bout time….
9. AR: Pee Wee catchin’ ’em on Bull Shoals.
10. CA: Most northern Cali lakes closed.
Berryessa still open for now. Ramps and fishermen fishing from docks apparently the concerns. I can see the docks, but don’t think I ever wanted to be closer than 6′ at ramps anyhow….
11. AL: Tagged bass tourney on at Lake Martin til July 4.
Need to buy a ticket to be entered.
12. CT opens fishing early.
Good! Other states have done the same. WA is still CLOSED TO ALL FISHING. Not the ramps. All fishing.
13. ND says no tourneys allowed in Apr and May.
So all 4 of them have been canceled…heehee ND peeps!
14. WI wants 2c on St. Croix and Namekagon river smallie fisheries.
15. SIMMS is making medical gowns.
Love it! Such like:
Didja notice the big image of a swimbait on the wall…lol.
16. Lunkerhunt has new braids.
Regular braid (8 strand) and Sinking Braid (8 + 1), not on TW yet.
17. Gamakatsu launched new finesse jigheads.
18. MO/AR: White River Marine laid off 350 folks.
Says 11% of the workforce. Scary deal, hope all okay.
19. ACA having online fishing tourney for college anglers.
20. FL: Suzuki building a new marine center.
On 20 acres in Panama City:
> “…will help us to develop, test and refine the best possible Suzuki outboard products for today and tomorrow….”
Been hearing these outboards are “bulletproof,” was hopin’ to get one for my Vexus but seems the ‘Zuki folks are tough to get ahold of…all good….
21. New type of yak launch?
Crank lift by Golden Kayak Launch:
22. Covid $$ resources for small tackle/marine business.
> The CARES Act includes upwards of $350 million of forgivable loans to pay for up to 8 weeks of payroll costs, including benefits. The loans can also be used to pay mortgages, rent and utilities.
23. PSA: ALL Buck hunting knives on sale til Apr 17.
Sometimes it’s a good idea to be anti-social
Sometimes?? Fishermen, hunters and I guess trappers led the way here mang!