1. We lost 2 fishin’ bros on the Potomac.
At the link it says brothers capsized their 15′ bass boat in 47-degree water. Word was high winds/gusts that day. No mention I could find about PFDs. Bless you fishin’ brothers.
2. TN: 4 young men and dog rescued on Norris…
…after their bass boat sank in Norris Lake near Hickory Star Marina, link says. Said 55-degree water, glad all are okay.
3. Gerald Swindle gets Millennium Marine.
Make Millennium Treestands, doesn’t say what they do in marine/fishing, but G is a big deer-head so….
4. JVD gets Lure Lock boxes.
Check the boxes on TW.
5. Hank Cherry gets Shady Rays shades.
Never heard of the company but the website says:
> …free replacements if lost or broken. We also secure 11 meals to fight hunger through Feeding America with every order placed.
Sounds more #stout than shady….
6. Great Hackney on Stray Casts tomorrow night.
Live on straycasts.net and their FB page @7pm CST. Call in and talk to him love at 520-214-BASS (2277).
Hack ain’t a-scared of no bears:
7. Mark Davis made it thru surgery okay.
Good news. Believe he’s officially set the record for Elitist surgeries, so he can stop now!
8. Watch Keith Poche set the hook on a stump…
…then real in a dink. Lost his rod for a sec:
9. Next Classic will be held on Tennessee River.
> Tournament waters include Fort Loudoun and Tellico lakes, twin reservoirs connected by a canal and comprising about 30,000 acres. Competitors can fish either lake and anywhere along the Tennessee River upstream from Fort Loudoun Dam to the Interstate 40 bridge on the Holston River and the Highway 168 bridge on the French Broad River.
Says there’s Florida-strain larges in those lakes….
10. TN: Bait-specific Chick Open THIS WEEKEND.
11. DC: Boating industry wants you to say no to ethanol…
…and yes to isobutanol:
> The EPA is evaluating whether to make isobutanol available to the public. Isobutanol is a boat-friendly alternative to E15. The marine industry has done significant testing on isobutanol and determined it to be an ideal solution for marine engines.
> NMMA is working hard to get isobutanol approved for on-highway use and made widely available in retail gas stations. Act NOW and tell EPA to say YES to isobutanol and support boaters!
Click here to do that real quick. I did it, took less than 1 minute.
12. AR: Fishin’ for a Mission derby Apr 28 on Dardanelle.
13. MN: Dick Hiley St. Jude Bass Classic, May 4-6 outta Wabasha.
Successful annual derby. Hard to beat St. Jude for a charity.
14. SC: Hartwell spots will school with stripers?
> “Largemouths don’t like to school with hybrids because of how aggressive they are, but spotted bass don’t really care.”
15. IN: DNR doing creel surveys at Sullivan.
16. PA: Great story about guy bassin’ with muscular dystrophy.
17. Former Wright & McGill CEO Donn Schaible passes on.
Ran the show from the ’90s til Jan 1, 2018. W&M makes Skeet’s yella rods and Trait Zaldain’s pink rods.
18. Tackle Warehouse tax stimulus sale ends TODAY!
Believe it ends at 8pm EST so git on it! Btw, Elitist Jared Lintner says TW has a real store!!??
> Before heading to Clear Lake, I stopped by Tackle Warehouse — yes, they have a brick-and-mortar store here in California — and picked up some new baits, including a new swimbait that I think could be the ticket at Clear Lake and at Grand.
The U.S. Curling Team found out and was like:
19. Kistler has a 20% off sale til…whenever?
Use code 2FOR20, it’s 20% off any 2 items.
20. Alpha Angler tax relief sale ends TONIGHT!
Hit alphaangler.com, use promo code TAXMAN18, sale ends 11:59pm PST tonight!
21. MO: Murski-Breeding sales agency for Lew’s…
…for the MINK, SE and TALO regions.
> Murski-Breeding Sales has served the fishing and hunting industries for more than 60 years [and] has been associated with Strike King Lure Co. (which Lew’s Holdings Corp. acquired in late 2017) for over 30 years, so it makes sense that Lew’s would go this direction.
> Matt Breeding, president of Murski-Breeding Sales: “My first day working for Ray Murski over 27 years ago was at the Lew’s/Browning Fishing sales meeting, and I can’t tell you how excited the Murski-Breeding team is to partner with the team at Lew’s.”
22. Here’s a weigh-in shot you don’t see every day.
Headline of the Day
Anglers give live bait bass fishing a try
#justsayno You could do that, and it’s okay, but it’s kinda like this — works but not real fun (just guessing):