Won the Neely Henry Open, had been a national pro, looking to get back to it.
8. FLWer Chris McCall now guiding on Rayburn.
9. FLWer Darold Gleason is on Bass Edge Radio.
10. Good Trait Zaldain spin ‘n gear tips.
Might be the most comprehensive, solid, basic vid I’ve ever seen on the right spinning gear and how to use it — which should be to LEAVE IT IN THE ROD BOX AND ONLY BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF EMERGENCY HAHAHA! Okay that’s just me. Good job Trait!
– I’m with her on longer leaders with a knot in the spool bein’ okay, but I am not a pro basser — AND NEVERMIND I DON”T FISH SPINNING GEAR lol. (I did rig up a spin-rod for a spinbait tho. No idea how else to cast that deal, weighs as much as a tater chip.)
– Yes, flip the bail over by hand BEFORE you start reeling. Else you’re asking for “wind knots.” Ask surf fishermen, who partly because of that fish bail-less spin-reels.
Startin’ to think Trait’s thing in bassin’ might be more media than tourneys, we’ll see….
11. B.A.S.S is jumping from ESPN to Fox next year.
Interesting. End of a loooooong relationship with ESPN that started with a guy named Jerry McKinnis. For that matter, almost all (all?) fishing TV started with him.
Wonder if this has anything to do with the tanking of Disney/ABC-owned ESPN. In a way I hate to see it, but I think if they just stick to sports they should be okay?
Also interesting is all the B.A.S.S. references to buying on amazon rather than somewhere like Bass Pro Shops. Things are a-changin’….
12. Bass U’s Justin Kimmel won the BFL AA co side.
As with all things South Jersey this sounds suspicious BUT Justin lives in GA. Always innerestin’ to see how the back-boated back boaters do it:
> …caught a couple of bank-running largemouths on a 1/4-oz Damiki Vault Blade Bait, but that most of his fish came on finesse tactics.
> “The dropshot was the most consistent thing…a 1/2-oz weight, getting down to them fast. …variety of worms including a Roboworm Straight Tail Worm, a Berkley PowerBait MaxScent D-Worm, and a Missile Baits Bomb Shot (pink belly). …also says he caught a few fish on a Megabass Vision 110+1.
Justin’s role at Bass U is keeping everyone you see outta trouble…curfews, bail ‘n such…but you didn’t hear that from me (heehee!).
13. AR: Greenlee bass aren’t fat enough.
Word! Bass are too skinny in general! National crisis!
14. FL postpones Toho veg treatment due to feedback.
> …will reschedule the treatment in the near future once staff have gathered additional public input.
15. Lurenet/Pradco quietly doing limited-run custom colors.
Called the Paint Shop. Right now the Bandit 200 in “green craw splatterback” and the Super Spook Jr in “paradise” are catching my eye: