1. Johnny Crews gets FGX sunglasses.
Will be designing signature shades based on John’s obsession with Area 51:
Okay not really…but he may have an abduction story….
2. Win a feeshn trip with Josh Bertrand.
And learn all his chin-fuzzin’ secrets….
3. FLWer John Hunter on BassEdge Radio.
4. FLWer Chad Grigsby gets Blackfish apparel.
5. Vikes’ Brian Robison wrapped his ‘Rude.
Because he can:
6. Berkley, Abu sponsoring FLW.
First time since ’09. But…Q4 sales were down for Pure Fishing.
7. AL: Former Elitist Derek Remitz got 30-05 at Gville BFL.
> “I was looking for the deepest, greenest grass that was close to where I thought they were going to spawn.”
Said he used a lipless and squarebill, no deets and no pic of the limit. 🙁
8. Ike’s Ink-colored DT cranks win 2 BFLs.
DT-6 wins Norris, TN
Rob Linkous used an Ike’s Ink “demon”-colored Rapala DT6:
> “I was sitting in 17′ and throwing parallel to the bank…a fast retrieve, then stop and twitch the bait. The fish would bite on the pause.
> “Once I had my limit, I cut off the DT6 and gave it to my co-angler to tie on and catch a few. It was his first tournament and he ended up cashing a check as well.”
DT-10 wins Lanier, GA
9. Erie: Main-lake largemouth fishery getting better?
> “Our creel surveys are showing anglers catching 2 largemouth per angler per hour, which is astronomical. By comparison, our smallmouth catch rates are about one half a bass per hour….”
10. Here’s what the BOOYAH ToadRunner looks and sounds like…
…underwater. Short, but all you need to know:
Looks like TW has ’em in stock!
11. Check this Yo-Zuri 3DR Popper.
Believe 3DR stands for 3DReal, and this 3DR Popper fer sher looks real:
12. New inboard jet boat company: River Raptor.
> …the engine is moved inside and toward the front of the boat. This keeps the center of gravity low in the boat, which in turn distributes the weight better, keeps drifting to a minimum and improves handling.
> Most inboard engines are vertical in design which causes the flat platform on top of the engine to have a “hump”…River Raptor uses a Textron pump motor, where the engine sits in front of the pump, not on top, which creates a less-vertical profile and allows a totally flat platform….
> The 155hp Textron motor is also 100 lbs lighter than its counterparts and is a 4-stroke engine….
13. GA: HS team signs to fish at the U of Montevallo, AL.
Wow a team! #stout That a first?
14. VT: Alewives found in Lake Carmi.
15. Rapala focusing on ecomm?
Rapala CEO Jussi Ristimäki:
> “The ongoing structural changes in the US retail market had a negative impact on our sales and profitability as consumers are increasingly going online. We are responding to this by making more investments in our digital presence and by increased focus on customers operating online.”
16. Brunswick spinning off it’s non boat/motor brands…
…into a new public company.
17. Blue Heron PR gets ‘yakkin’ companies.
[Don’t forget to sign up for the Bass Yakker here.]
18. Brazilian line company coming to the U.S.
19. DC: Marine companies excluded from ethanol talks.
Not happy about it, props to ’em for fightin’ the good fight. #ethanolsux
20. OR: Klamath River chinooks might be federally listed.
21. Didja grab your Sea Foam yet?
Known to many as an awesome automotive additive, but it works with any gas engine — and was actually invented for outboard motors. Still works great in ’em (vid) to dissolve fuel residues and for fuel stabilization.
Sea Foam has a big rebate going on, check it out here — ends this month.