1. Watch Skeet Reese save a dude on Table Rock!
Props to the yella man! Couple things worth noting:
1. Dude was wearing a life jacket. Wear it! Glad he was okay.
2. You wouldn’t be seein’ this unless Skeet was runnin’ a cam on a YOLOtek PowerStick. That ain’t a commercial, you just never know….
2. BPTer Cliff Pace just turns around…
…when the ref points out he’s holding a fish against his body. Lol love it. Saw it on the Live deal today.
3. Is BPTer Jeff Sprague scared of Fred Roumbanis…
…or scared of the whole bassin’ rollercoaster ride or…?
Scott Martin, KVD and Mike Ike gonna have to duke it out over the title of Bassin’ Pro with the Mostest Goin’ On Besides Just Fishin’.
6. MO: Bass Feeshn Hall of Fame induction postponed…
…due to high water…at Fort Gibson, OK, which postponed the Elite til Sept. Now on Oct 3. Reminder that the inductees this year are: Mark Davis, David Fritts and Davy Hite, and 2 folks who have passed on: Ed Chambers of Zoom, and the Bassmaster illustrator Chris Armstrong.
7. Bob Cobb says his B.A.S.S. book could be…
…used as a door stop or a boat anchor — I guess because it’s 400+ pages. Hahaha! Love the humility and jokesterin’ from a dang bassin’ LEGEND x infinity!
8. 2019 BLF All-American field announced.
For some reason FLW calls it a “roster,” but believe rosters are only for teams?
9. AL: 5,000 FL bass going into Guntersville.
This weekend. BPTer Chris Lane has something to do with it, which probly means these fish come from a specific Whopper Plopper-susceptible breed….
10. LA: 500 FL bass fingerlings put into Mermentau River.
Doesn’t sound like a whole lot but for sure better than zero….
11. FL: Lower water might mean better veggies in Okeechobee.
And maybe less algae. Corps is keeping it down to help stop algae blooms.
12. TX: Some north TX lakes are flooded out.
How ’bout the insane rain we’re getting again this year, wow.
13. CA: Irvine Lake needs to be opened back up…
…to fishing, says a grand jury, which seems to blame every agency involved.
14. IL: 1 boat lost in HS tourney on Carlyle.
> “We were coming back and making it, taking our time, maybe 10 mph. The waves were high and mighty. Then the motor died. We were maybe a quarter mile off shore. We knew the boat would hit the rocks. We called 911 immediately. We had the kids get up front and jump off first, then [Rubin and boat captain Blake Keulen] jumped off.”
Spooky to have to ditch, especially in any kinda rough water. Glad they’re okay.
15. TX: Boat captain was charged in HS derby.
> …booked into the Grayson County Jail…on a Class A misdemeanor charge of fraud-freshwater fish tournament, according to jail and court records.
> Game wardens told…the charge stems from questions surrounding the total number of bass Lovelace’s team caught in the competition.
16. Made in China tackle could be hit with 25% tariff.
Dang that wouldn’t be good.
17. TN: Article calls largemouths a “bottom feeder” fish…
…like a catfish. Find it hard to believe that anyone in TN doesn’t know what a largemouth bass is?
18. MO: Snakehead caught in MO ditch.
uh-oh. Wish Asian carp ate Asian snakeheads or vice versa.