Other boats too, but warms me up to hear about our bass bros firing up their rescue rigs. Bass Pro Shops also donated 80 boats.
If the Blaster can help, please lemme know how….
2. Random news from the St. Clair Elite.
> A few years back Jason Christie was THE guy to move from the FLWs to the Elites and crush it — and he did, winning two Opens in 2012, then Elites in 2013 and 2014. He had 2nds at the 2016 Classic, 2016 Potomac and T-Bend this year.
> Brandon Palaniuk managed to separate himself from Jacob Wheeler in the AOY Race, but then…Jason Christie:
> B-Rock Mosley, J-Lee and B-Lane continue to fish ’em up hot. Props to Elite rookie Mark Daniels jr. for that 3rd.
3. Hackney decided to wimp-stick it.
Greg Hackney threw his baitcasting black belt on the deck at St. Clair and went a-wimp-stickin’. Not sure why, but I asked for an opinion from the team doctor….
Seriously: That post on Hack has a great tip about using oversize spinning reels.
4. FLW champ Justin Atkins on BassEdge Radio.
5. Charlie Hartley 1 Open away from Elites.
Requalifying. Go Charlie!
6. Zona Live on St. Clair with J-Lee tomorrow.
7. NC: Guy Eaker in Outdoor Legends HOF.
But if bigfoot is a legend, does that mean Guy is…a bigfoot?
8. T-H Marine’s Jeff Huntley also a new Legend.
Jeff is joining his dad and Guy as a Legend of the Outdoors:
T-H also announced that former HydroWave owner (and good bud of Jeff Kriet) Gene Eisenmann is the new head of marketing. Good move, partly because Gene basses:
> Jeff said: “Gene is an accomplished business owner, a savvy marketer, and an experienced angler. As HydroWave’s original managing partner and someone who has shown commitment to crafting the vision for our company, we are very excited to have him on board.”
T-H is on fi-ya! Jeff’s got his foot still mashed on the gas pedal…I mean Hot Foot.
9. Bass Reporters celebrated Ray Scott’s birthday.
Great idea. Love you Ray!
10. CA: Big bass scarce at Clear Lake this year.
They’re scarce in NJ every dang year so no sympathy but:
> The answer is simple: Most have died of old age. The life span of Florida-strain largemouth bass is about 12-14 years…only a small portion of bass live that long. Five to 10 years ago the lake had a large population of mega-size bass.
11. TX: Father-son win at Stillhouse Hollow.
Great job dad! Craig Gilbert and his 12-year-old son Dewayne won by 5 lbs (!!) using slab spoons (green/white) and a Carolina-rigged Zoom Fluke (watermelon red/tail dipped in chartreuse) in 25-35′:
12. TX: Load Trail give fallen officer’s family a boat.
13. VA restocking Chick River.
Only tidal river in VA where the stocking has worked.
14. IL: Bass-heads help bass stocking in Jacksonville.
15. GA: Water Willows planted at West Point.
16. MN hearings on bass regs coming this fall.
17. NC: Tennis pro John Isner is a bass-head.
18. ON DNR has online survey for Big Rideau Lake.
19. Science: Stressed-out largies less likely to hit a bait.
I don’t know man…sometimes tempting a stressed-out animal with a bait works: