> “I fished most of the event with a Zoom Speed Worm (junebug). I had that on 16-lb fluorocarbon pegged with a 1/8-oz tungsten weight on a 7′ 5″ MH G. Loomis 893C JWR Rod.
> “When I would come to some thicker reed patches, I would pitch a little heavier bait in. For that I used a 3/8-oz tungsten weight and a 5” Senko
(b/b). I would use 20-lb fluoro with a 7′ 5″ H G. Loomis 894C JWR Rod
3. Alton Jones says do NOT overwork a YUM Dinger.
Dinger = stick worm. Just let it do it’s shimmy thing, he says (vid). Didja know you can get Dinger 30-packs?
4. Watch BPTer Mike Iaconelli weighting Shad Raps.
Watch and learn the tweaks that make all the diff. And if you don’t own/use Shad Raps — one of the must-have coldwater cranks, hit TW right now and git you some.
5. BPTer David Walker has new signature cranks.
LiveTarget David Walker TN Craw. Good-lookin’ bait — diggin’ the “pearl blue chartreuse:”
6. How a bunch o’ Seaguar guys are fishing the Classic.
They talk about their lines but a lot of feeshn info in there too.
7. Meet 5 FLWers in Bainbridge, GA on Sat.
5-7pm at Southwest Baptist Church.
8. 6th MLF BPT stop is Johnny Morris’ lake…
…aka Table Rock. ‘Bout time Johnny showed some support, dang. HAHAHA!
I do believe KVD has a secret fishing spot on T-Rock only he knows about, possibly in another dimension…that Johnny showed to him…but you didn’t hear that from me….
9. Is MotorGuide finally coming out with something new?
Everyone’s been wondering given the whole Spot-Lock deal, here’s what Bill Siemantel posted about it:
> …Top Secret!!!!!! …behind the scenes I have been helping out and testing something really cool that will be coming soon. I am not allowed to give much more info out, but I did hear that the Bassmaster Classic may have more info for those who are interested in taking your fishing game to the next level.
> …create a platform of excellence to become “Ahead Of Its Class.”
10. Simms supports the Smallie Alliance.
Full name: The Mille Lacs Smallmouth Alliance, whose entire mission is to provide Seth Feider, family and friends enough tubby smallmouths to catch at will anywhere on the lake. I’m serious.
Okay not really. It’s a conservation group that’s MUCH needed on that meat-hunter lake that the DNR says has few walleyes but it really has more walleyes than it does H2O molecules….
11. MO: Mizzou Team fundraising tourney Apr 6 at Ozarks,
12. TX: Memorial tourney for HS angler April 20, Lake Murvaul.
13. KY: Asian carp being used in concrete!?!?
I’m assumin’ that stuff won’t stank — if so, a heck of an idea.
14. FL: Corps might lower Okeechobee by 2′.
> …considering a plan to lower lake levels from 12′ to about 10′ above sea level to try and avoid algae problems and water releases in the summer.
15. Great Lakes ice cover still increasing.
Sux but once the ice is gone, the fishing is stupid til it’s back….
16. VT gets $11 mil fed funding for Champlain.
For cleanup-type stuff. Is that lake really that dirty??
17. Is there a shortage of marine techs?
Just like cars the systems are getting more complicated so…maybe?
18. MO: Big Cedar/Table Rock sweepstakes just for auto technicians.
19. New Duckett Black Ice rods.
Still waiting on the Vanilla Ice, Italian Ice and Strawberry Sorbet rods….
20. GM rolling out electric pontoon.
Ya-freakin’hoo. If it’s silent it better have a horn….
21. Power your camper with old Nissan Leaf batteries…
…eventually. The new ROAM unit isn’t available separately yet but it sounds pretty good:
> …integrates cells recovered from its first-generation electric vehicles [called Leafs] to provide off-grid power. Add in 1-2 recharges of the accompanying 400W solar panel accessory, and campers can listen to tunes and use their smartphones and other devices, including a microwave, for about 7 days…. The battery pack can be recharged by the solar panel in 2-4 hours.
The diversity of invasive species ranges from viruses to plants to crayfish to hippos.
Yep…hippos. Wonder if largies suspend around hippos? I nominate someone else to find out….