Remember it’s a 3-dayer so that’s pretty stout.2. Alton Jr. got no handouts.
This is a big deal because you’d maybe think the kid of an Elitist would be spoiled when it comes to feeshn but:
> “I wanted to just go fish, but I couldn’t afford it, nor was I ready. My parents wouldn’t fund it, but they did let me use dad’s old boat.
> “College was my way to fish. It was one of the best decisions of my life.”
Big Alton doesn’t even let Little Alton tough his baits. Apparently it goes back to something like this:
3. How Jason Christie won the Ozarks MLF.
Show aired recently, a few mode bait deets from Jason below. Bluegill spawn, clear water, covered water with a BOOYAH Boss Pop (Arkansas shiner) early then flipped docks with a YUM Genie Worm (blue fleck):
4. Boom-Boom gets his Swagger on.
Swagger Tackle, makes tungsten stuff. Check it on TW.
5. Bertrand gets maple syrup company.
Seriously. Too cool. The Kumars only go maple. Bertrand, you better set the alarm extry early to be makin’ some pancakes before blastoff!
Is it weird to say I hope to see syrup stains on his derby jersey….
6. Chad Pipkens gets Bass Cat.
One condition: He’s got to shave his head. K-Pink’s got that side to him….
All you literalists out there, that’s not necessarily true in this dimension.
7. Elitist Jason Williamson gets Cashion rods.
8. Stetson Blaylock gets Quicksilver motor additives.
J-Pow already on the staff.
9. FLWer Wes Strader has 45 straight limits.
5 under Cody Meyer’s record of 50 straight. Impressive since Cody is a wimp-stick master and Wes has never even picked up a spinning rod — cuz his daddy told him if he ever did that he’d be out of the house. Possibly.
10. FLWer Mark Rose talks new Lew’s Ledge rods.
Totally cool idea. Mark knows ledge-fishing like Aaron Rodgers knows scrambling. Good vid too, talkin’ ’bout the 5 new actions one of which is for the 8XD and 10XD…but one is a wimp-stick?!?! Mark what’s up with that man?
11. FLWer Zack Birge gets BOOYAH.
12. FLWer Gagliardi running a Falcon.
Check the boats here.
13. FLWer Joe Holland gets Bison Coolers.
14. MLFers getting more serious with content?
That’s the claim, we’ll see cuz more ain’t always better and content for sure ain’t as easy as it looks.
Gotta ask: Are the Elites and FLWs turning into a feeder system for MLF? If so that would be a heck of a plot twist. Don’t get mad at me biz peeps, just floatin’ it!
Btw BassEdge Radio has a new show with MLFer commish Don Rucks.
15. GA: Basser rescues guy on Sinclair.
Jody Bellflower didn’t see it but somehow was prompted to turn around and look for something which was:
> Jackson had been behind the wheel of his 17 and a half foot bass boat when he came across some floating debris, including a large log. “Then, in the blink of an eye, I’ve been thrown from the driver’s seat and I hit my shoulder. Slammed into the left side of the boat.”
> He looked for Davis and he was gone. “If you’re throwed into 50 degree water, you’re going to make some noise.” There, about 10 to 12 feet from the front of the boat, was Davis.
> “I was very thankful that something told me to turn around,” Bellflower said. “It’s not what you see [in the water], it’s what you can’t see.”
16. FL: Locals cool with Harris Chain Open anglers.
> “The pros usually respect us and let us have our space. I’ve never really heard of a local fisherman having problems with the pros when they’re in town.
> “I have more issues with local fisherman who create serious wake issues by driving their boats too fast when they are too close to the docks.”
17. PA may have lower Susquehanna C&R season.
But no derbies til June. Includin’ this pic that was with the article because that bait color is crazy:
18. ON B.A.S.S. Nation gets Freedom Tackle.
Got a pic of the membership vote on it:
19. TX: T-H Marine sponsors TTT.
20. FL: Ex-Dolphin Channing Crowder charity derby.
Says he can outfish you Robison! But don’t quote me man…tell him one of the Lane brothers said it, cool?
21. $100K prize in Seaguar Classic contest!!!
22. Humminbird intros new Solix series.
Screen as big as a laptop, touch screen or buttons, lots more. Pretty soon we’re going to need a screen to see where we’re going….
23. Shimano still seeking retail coordinator.
24. TMZ posted the bass boat crash vid.
Ain’t a fan of anything TMZ but thought it was newsworthy so…. Bunch of other places did too including SB Nation.
25. Could isobutanol replace ethanol??
Couldn’t be worse…I don’t think. #ethanolsux
Crappie time on TVA Lakes
Doesn’t sound like a good day? Prolly ate his lunch here: