1. Cliff Crochet gets Sawyer sunscreen.
2. Brandon Palaniuk likes the Arashi Top Walker…
…this time o’ year. Says bass are in all phases, so you can find ’em and catch ’em with walkers:
Check the Top Walker on TW.
3. Brandon Lester helps develop new Ned Zone bait.
4. Alton Jones uses a small weight this time of year…
…flippin’ the YUM Bad Mamma:
5. Mark Menendez wanted to trade me these…
…Strike King Game Hawgs for my breakfast burrito. I was like, “Make it 25 and you got a deal bro!” Trip was giving us the stank eye so I tossed Mark the burrito and told him I’d find him later. #score
6. 2018 Bassin’ Hall of Famers are…
…Tommy Sanders, Helen Sevier, Berkley Bedell (Berkley founder) and Dr. James Henshall, the 19th century author who’s considered the father of bass fishing.
Oh yeah wait: also Gary Klein and Kevin VanDam. Does this mean they’re retiring? Answer: No, but feel free to start that rumor….
Congrats to ’em all!
7. Good perspective on ESPN buying B.A.S.S.
Written by Dave Precht, who might be the only guy at B.A.S.S. who’s worked for every owner of B.A.S.S.
My 2c: ESPN definitely did a bunch of stuff “wrong,” pretty much out of ignorance, but definitely benefited B.A.S.S. and bassin’.
8. Bassin’ DE B-Rob back with the Vikings.
Dude is 35! How many guys in the NFL are 35?? Better have some quick feet there Brian hahaha! Last chance for bass-heads to see some hookset sack dances….
Btw his charity derby on the upper MS Reever is June 15-17.
9. FL: Giant charity bass tourney on the St. Johns SATURDAY.
Last year they had 688 boats! Benefits a children’s hospital = #stout.
But..the post calls Palatka the “Bass Capital of the World.” Uh…not.
10. WA: Pike now in Lake Roosevelt.
Should help thin out those pesky trout and salmon….
11. SC: Clemson has new program to train fish scientists.
Cuz they value SC’s natural resources, which is good.
12. Favorite’s having a big swag sale.
13. KVD wants you to use the G-Force clip cullers.
Would you argue with that dude? Well…I have, and he’s never said I was right so…does that mean he refuses to lose?
14. SPRO’s giving away Bronzeye Spit Shads today…
…on their Facebook. Believe they give stuff away every day? Check Spit Shads on the TW.
15. Check the Stutter Step in “ghost bluegill.”
Case you like yourself a bluegill-colored topwater around the spawn:
16. Microplastics found in beer made with Great Lakes water.
> Research from the U of MN found microplastics in 12 different beers made with water from the Great Lakes and found those same microplastics in tap water.
> They’re pieces of plastic so small you can’t see them, but you know they’re there. And they can come from just about anything. “Like some fishing line that’s lost in the water or plastic bottles or plastic bag or some sort of clothing that’s made out of synthetic material” [like fleece]….
This is a big, new, legit, bad deal. Hate to see fishing mentioned there.
17. Great Lakes can have “meteotsunamis.”
Had 2 on Lake Michigan in April:
> …meteotsunamis are driven by air-pressure disturbances often associated with fast-moving weather events, such as severe thunderstorms, squalls and other storm fronts. The storm generates a wave that moves towards the shore, and is amplified by a shallow continental shelf and inlet, bay, or other coastal feature.
> Meteotsunamis have been observed to reach heights of 6′ or more.
18. Check out Under Armour’s new feeshn kicks.
The first non-dorky fishing shoes?