1. Gussy and Kennedy were on ’em at Santee.
In practice. First here’s Gussy’s boat:
Dailed in lol! Now Steve, who was on ’em but:
He said: “I caught 3 and missed several more.” Best be throwin’ that white jig then Steve!
2. Alton Jones will have no bait sponsors in ’21.
3. One time a fish gave Clark Wendlandt his bait back…
…after he broke it off. Put it right on the front deck. Crazy. IG vid at link.
4. Learn ya about Doomsday “David” Mullins.
Good donny barone post on him. Love the sleeping in the truck part — cuz soooo many of these guys have done that to make it, which shows love and faith…to me anyhow. Keep goin’ Mullins!
5. Tim Horton cranks shallow around juvy shad cuz…
> “Consider the shad itself…it has to swim to breathe. It needs to be able to flush water through its gills. It also has to move to filter-feed. So it has to be constantly moving. The air bladders of young shad are not well developed. As these fish grow older, they can go deeper. But the ones hatched in July or August pretty much stay along the surface.”
Squarebill time! He likes the Azuma Square Boss, designed by Matty Reed.
6. Elitist Drew Cook can make baits levitate!
7. B-Rad Hallman is selling his loaded ’17 Phoenix.
Phoenix 920 ProXP with 250 Merc ProXS, Ultrex, Garmins.
8. FLW pro B-Rad-Lee Dortch fishes shrimp for basses.
Gulp! Shrimp — cuz if you’re not fishin’ Gulp! in any kinda salty water you crazy, which I say from experience:
> “It’s basically a fall-of-the-year type of deal. Your shrimp and your crabs start migrating up the rivers….”
MY shrimp and MY crabs? No one ever told me I had some! Send ’em up here….
Grand 2-dayer won on top over 12-20′? That’s what it says — Whopper Plopper, buzzbait and also a jig. Dude named John Pilcher won it.
Pickwick 2-day regional won with a buzzbait. Props to Rusty White Jr of TN:
> “I just kept my head down and my bait in the water. I threw a RW V-Twin buzzbait
[has 2 blades] by TrueSouth Custom Lures — that’s the only lure I used the entire weekend. My trolling motor batteries went down both days, but I was able to nurse it and just kind of roll with the current.”
11. DC: ACE Act passed by both houses prohibits lead tackle ban.
America’s Conservation Enhancement Act has a lotta stuff including wetlands protection:
> …prohibiting the EPA from regulating the use of lead fishing tackle for a period of 5 years.
12. Win Bass pastor Chris Wells’ Nitro Z-18.
Raffle you a chance to win….
13. Check this Bubonic-painted Googan lipless.
That’s a Googan Klutch btw.
14. And check this Nishine color.
Believe it’s “purple back alewife” — Beatour M5 crank:
15. And check this new ’21 ‘Trap color: “young sunfish.”
Don’t care what age it is it looks good!
16. T-H Marine 45th sale week 2: Outboard gear…
…which doesn’t mean for your outboard, just what they’re callin’ it. 20% off — check it here.
17. New Suzuki gizmo collects microplastics from the water.
> …designed to be installed on outboard motors. The device is designed for easy installation under the cowling of selected Suzuki outboard models 40 hp and up. It works by filtering water after it has passed through the engine’s cooling system and before it is returned….
Only heard good things about ‘Zukis….
18. NV teen won the BBZ championship.
Congrats to Carter Doren! Can’t tell from the info whether it was a limit deal (I don’t think so?) or what happened, but it went down on Lake Pend Oreille, ID and he fished a dock in 7′ with a Bass Patrol Jig (brown/purple rubber skirt) and Yamamoto Fat Baby Craw (gp).
Very cool they had it:
> 52 anglers representing 47 states and their families came together…. The 2-day event, Oct 2-3, recognizes the support parents provide to their kids. State sponsors provided families with over $91,000 for travel, food and lodging expenses.
19. NYC venture co buys Field & Stream, Outdoor Life…
…among other properties. North Equity is the company:
> North’s investment team has extensive experience in the intersection of technology, data, and media as private investors and operators. North, based in Miami with offices in San Francisco and New York, will continue making strategic acquisitions across the digital-media and technology landscape.
Always felt weird to me that big outdoor properties like that were/still are based in NYC. Just my own feelin’s.
20. MN: Zebras, milfoil found in Orono.
21. MO says noodling can hurt catfish populations?
Something can hurt whisker-fish pops?? Can only think of one thing that could: dang Asian carps.
22. Fish scientists protest need for shark liver oil for Covid vax.
Might be able to get a bunch o’ doses right off the MA coast…just sayin’….
A 3-foot smallmouth bass was using the wreckage as a nest site….
– WTHeck?? Talkin’ ’bout wreck divin’ in the Great Lakes. If they’re seein’ 3-foot smallies down there, somethin’ is very…good?
Sorta: Some folks thought the triple on a walking bait shot couldn’t be real, but here’s Randy Howell doin’ it in 2012. Thanks much to bass-head Chad C for the heads — great memory man!