1. How Ike’s been practicing for the Classic.
Told him it’s the first Classic where every species counts — he’s been traveling around the dang world — so he’s like, “Cool!”
Don’t tell him it’s just bass…day 1 weigh-in should be money….
2. At Martin, Jared Lintner fished like he was in CA.
3. Jason Christie joins $1 mm club.
B.A.S.S. winnin’s. Went out and bought 2 things:
Think either Kevin Short or Steve Kennedy raises those cheetahs….
4. Matty Herren has a new crankbait named Fudd.
> I worked with PH Custom Lures to design a bait…. Meet “Fudd.” …extremely tight wiggle that will drive cold-water and heavily-pressured fish crazy!
Believe FUDD stands for Famished for Unauthorized Dunkin Donuts. Secrets out Herren hahaha!
He said it’s available at PH Custom Lures but I don’t see it there.
5. Here’s Keith Combs’ new Elite rig.
6. Swindle says red and green go together.
Christmas every day in G-man’s boat — lookin’ good:
Gitcha T-H Aqua Blaze on here.
7. Is Randy Howell’s hair possible?
Because of physics and gravity I don’t think so but you tell me:
Personally I think he’s a Terminator from the future…but don’t tell him I said that.
8. FLWer Bryan Schmitt gets Missile.
9. TX: Salvinia found in Lake Athens.
10. PA DNR gets real.
Head dude told the legislature:
> “We’ve come to the point where we’re at a crossroad relative to what we can do to meet anglers’ and boaters’ expectations. We’ve stretched every dollar. If we don’t get a revenue increase programs will be cut from the 2018-19 budget.”
That’s actually the case with many DNRs, glad PA is drawing a line in the dirt.
11. Looks like bass don’t like the SPRO Aruku Shad.
See ’em here on TW — I think that color is bass-abused “magic shad,” but check “wild shiner:”
12. Honda redesigned some outboards.
BF200, BF225 and BF250:
13. MO: Bass Pro reopening Bolivar boat plant.
Says for pontoons and other stuff:
> “…a positive signal of our sustained momentum and the overall strength of the White River Marine family of boat brands.”
14. Check this crazy new Megabass Dark Sleeper swimbait.
On Tackle Warehouse here.
15. Git yer own bassin’ camera dude…
…sorta, with the YOLOTek PowerStation. Blurb on Bassin’masters here. TW doesn’t have it but check it on YOLOTek.com.
16. Ultimate Yak Bass Feeshn giveaway.
At this URL: nativewatercraft.com/ultimatekayakbassfishing/
Can’t make it a link cuz the domain is on a couple blacklists….
17. Garmin pursuing connected gadget direction too.
Also, Q4 revenue was up 24% in marine.
18. Pursuit Channel getting Nielsen rated.
19. LA: Legislator wants bounty program for Asian carp.
20. Why Asian carp #sux.
> “…are filter feeders, with long gillrakers to strain zooplankton, which is the same food young gamefish eat before switching to minnows and shad. The more these fish become established, the more they have the capability to outcompete native species.”
21. Non-native shrimp expanding in Great Lakes.
Blaster Contest/Giveaway Updates
1. Garmin Echomap Plus 93SV — We do have a winner, just want to make sure it’s delivered before I let the cat outta the bag.
2. Good news: Gonna give away another Garmin unit soon….
3. More good news: Get on this Seaguar giveaway before it’s over!