1. What Tommy Biffle would be like as check-out guy (vid).
At your local tackle shop or grocery. #Bifflewins
2. How much Ehrler counts on his ‘lectronics.
Kong-ing it SOLID up front with the Wave Tamer:
3. Highlight vid from Bobby Lane youth derby.
Cool yet gives ya warm feelin’s.
4. FLWer Greg Bohannan gets Pringles.
Wonder how many cans fit in a PVC rod tube….
5. FLWer Mark Rose battling carpal tunnel.
Dang that sounds painful…. Lay off the fiddle-playin’ Rose!
6. #Fail stories about sponsorships.
7. Zona’s giving away a Hydrowave H2.
Believe today is the LAST DAY to enter so click it!
Check the H2 on TW.
8. TX: Kistler lookin’ fer a rod-builder.
Good luck peeps!
9. A story about U2 and a weddin’ in Ireland…
…that somehow all relates to bassin’. Of course by donny barone.
Wait — EVERYthing relates to bassin’. Saw something outta the corner of my eye the other day, hit the brakes, looked and saw: Pickwick Liquors, up here in NJ. Dang, bassin’s everywhere.
10. AR planting deep structure in Bull Shoals.
11. MN study shows spawn fishing may not be a big deal.
> Results from our study show that egg densities in nests of largemouth bass are affected by a combination of catch-and-release angling during the spawning season, male total length, nest depth and observed predation.
> Predation appeared to occur heavily when largemouth bass nests were in neighboring areas to the nests of bluegill, and less frequently when another largemouth bass was nearby [meaning other largie nests nearby].
12. Cabela’s contingency program for college anglers.
13. FL: Fish longer worms.
New record python at 17′:
> “That snake could pretty much kill any full-grown man.”
No self-respecting largie would be scared of any snake….
14. What ‘Traps look like under water.
Yep we all know about the vibration of lipless baits, but check this underwater vid of Rat-L-Traps. That flash though….
15. Who knew: Largies are in Croatia.
Foreign link so I can’t run it…but they’re in the Danube watershed.
16. NE: Omaha outdoor retailer closing.
Not Cabela’s. Sounds like big box stores and online did ’em in. My 2c: Neither is the end of smaller physical retail, just got to do it differently.
17. Favorite Fishing With Flair rod is back in stock.
Sold outta the first run so git one asap if it’s a-callin’ ya.
18. Gitcha the ultimate portable PowerStation.
My buds at YOLOTek are crowd-funding it on Kickstarter, all the deets there, but basically if you’re sick of lugging around and worrying about batteries, portable chargers, etc. for GoPros/VIRBs and phones — and if you’ve always wished you had your own camera guy — your life is about to change:
Here’s Gene the master of Flukes Jensen talkin’ ’bout it (vid).
…we made a vid for and wanted to name apparently had a name or 2 already: kraken rig (after the giant squid look) also spelled by some “crackin” rig and “the palm tree.” But of course y’all head better ones including (add “rig” at the end):
- P00ping Tube
- Shucked Corn
- Thunder Bomb
- Squiggly Cucumber
- Tube Sock
- Southern Squid
- Head Banger
Plus a bunch I can’t get past the PG censors so…. Like a bunch but gotta pick one so…the beeg winnah of some tackle is: Drunken Hula! Kirk Lily come on down and gimme your addy….
2. Ugly Christmas bassin’ sweater contest!
Saw this shot on the Okuma Insta, challengin’ you to do better. Tag or DM me on Insta (best) or FB, or send it to me at this email. Givin’ you til the 20th! Best shot will get something….
That fly-swatter rig’s all Okuma Helios btw. Reels and rods on TW.
Lookin’ for peeps who are DEEP into any one o’ the following bassin’ scenes. In ’em, does ’em, knows what’s happenin’. If you think that’s you or someone you know, hit me back be replying to this email:
> Diehard bank anglers
> If you follow/watch the YouTube “kids”
> Cali – what’s catchin’ ’em, who’s hot
> Texas – same
> Kentucky Lake – same
> Florida – same