1. Bobby Lane’s still fishing hot.
Won the first Open on Kissimmee. Will have more deets soon but here’s a little:
> With the Kissimmee Chain unsettled by fluctuating temperatures before the tournament, plus a cold front arriving the afternoon on Friday, Lane mostly targeted hydrilla in 2-4′. The dense habitat allowed fish to move in and out with changing weather, while remaining in the same general area.
First day he had a 9 and an 8-07. Btw Bass U TV is running a Bobby Lane discount here.
2. Japan custom reel parts maker ZPI gets Elites Martens, Connell.
No info, just got it from a source in Japan. #bassblasterworldwide
3. Good vid from Edwin Evers on warming your engine up.
You might be ready to roll but your outboard might not be:
Evers’ media has gotten a lot better….
4. Keith Combs gets Rivers West apparel.
Never heard of ’em, website is here.
5. Check Johnny “Snake” Crews’ new ride.
6. Mark Daniels Jr on BassEdge Ray-dee-o.
7. FL Elite rookie Kyle Monti gets Denali Rods.
8. OK: FLWer Clark Wendlandt speaking tonight.
> Wendlandt will be headlining Bass & Crappie University which begains tonight at Rose State College in Midwest City.
9. Young, Campbell okay after Okee FLW collision…sorta
Andy Young and William Campbell — glad they and their cos are mostly okay:
> …happened while both anglers were running the lake and met at the end of a boat lane near Moonshine Bay. Co-angler James Bianchi…was in Young’s boat, while Lee Frye…was the co-angler in Campbell’s boat.
> Young and Bianchi were ejected, but were able to return to their boat after Young’s mandatory ignition shutoff device disengaged the engine. While damaged, both boats returned under their own power to the launch site at the Clewiston Boat Basin.
> Young sought medical attention upon his return to the ramp and was admitted to a local medical facility. He has since been released. Bianchi, Campbell and Frye declined medical attention.
> “It was an accident, plain and simple,” said Campbell…. “I’ve been on the water and driving boats for more than 30 years, and I’d never had an accident like this. It’s very unfortunate that it occurred, but I’m extremely thankful that it wasn’t worse.
> “Becoming a pro bass angler has been a dream of mine since I was 15 years old. For this to happen, on the first day of my first full season, is very disappointing. I will not let this stop me.”
> “I’m sore, but I’ll heal and I’m thankful that the accident wasn’t worse,” Young said. “The doctor said that I have a compression fracture in my L2 vertebra — no surgery, but I’ll be in a brace for a few weeks. I’m extremely upset that I’m going to have to miss the Harris Chain tournament and maybe even Lanier, but I’m recovering and you can bet that I will be back out competing on the Tour as soon as I am able.”
A GoFundMe for Andy Young’s medical bills was set up — check it here.
10. Fish with Scott Martin contest.
Gotta say AFTCO is really gettin’ after it in bassin’….
11. Davy Hite got his appendix out.
He’s okay. Appendicitis go around in the winter? Know 2 other people it’s happened to.
When I had mine out I asked the docs to put it in a jar. They wouldn’t do it….
12. Jarrett Edwards raising $ for first responder families.
Jarrett is so #stout, man. In 2010 he raised $50K for the Lone Survivor Foundation doing something similar. Love it brother!
13. Econo Lodge sponsoring first 2 Elites.
14. FL: Reason for international derby on the Big O this week…
> …part of a larger effort by the Confederation Internationale de Peche Sportive to make bass fishing an Olympic sport.
Skeptical hippo’s like:
15. CA: $10K for breaking Clear Lake largie record…
…in a Clear Lake Team Bass Tournament derby. So…do you fish to win, or just fish for a huge one?
16. TN: KY Lake charity derby looking for donations.
17. TX: Middle-schoolers learning about ShareLunker program…
…through program college kids created. Sounds like TX has its priorities in order. #stout
18. Great Lakes states get together on Asian carp.
> “No single state, province or government jurisdiction should have to bear the sole responsibility of keeping invasive carp out of the Great Lakes.”
Yep, all of mankind…which is “peoplekind” if you’re Canadian….
19. How Buckeye Lures started.
> …started 18 years ago by father and son, Roy and Jeremy Altman. “That was when my father decided to fish the FLW Tour as a co-angler, so he went and traveled and kind of saw a need for a shaky head called the Spot Remover
Never heard of it…lol. Check all the Buckeye offerin’s on Tackle Warehouse here.
20. Costa goes with Gunpowder agency.
Gunpowder must be doing something right — also does stuff with GoPro, Under Armour, Cabela’s, Humminbird, Minn Kota and others.
21. Merc gets new agreement with union.