Sounds like he was fishing alone and no one knows what happened yet. RIP bassin’ brother.2. Biffle’s plan for Dardanelle.
> My plan at this point is to pitch and flip into whatever I can find that’s shallow.
Uh…Tommy, just as an observer of you for like 20+ years now, pretty sure that’s your plan EVERY DANG TIME man hahaha! And that’s why you’re killah at it, so go flip ’em up!
3. Hack thinks muddy, flooded water looks like chili.
May I respectfully suggest that you don’t eat great chili, and I don’t even wanna know what’s in that water that reminds you of beans….
4. Latest Chapman Pro vs Joe.
In this one Brent gets housed by a guy on his gated community lake. Gotta hand it to Brent for going to folks’ home lakes and tryin’ to beat ’em:
Show also airs Sundays on Pursuit at 5:00 pm EST and 11:30 pm EST.
5. Russ Lane likes Winn Grips too.
Too because I dig ’em. Article says that, plus KVD likes foam (probly from crappie-feeshn lol) and Fritts likes cork but:
> When Lane’s hands are hot and sweaty [like when he sees some Buffalo wings…lol Russ!] or cold and wet, he claims his rod handles never get slippery.
> “I also don’t have to squeeze the rod as hard to have a firm grip,” he said. “At the end of the day my hands are not as fatigued.”
Btw Russ be usin’ Denali feesh sticks.
6. Elitist rookie Dustin Connell on BassEdge Ray-dee-o.
7. Elitist Drew Benton owns part of Tightlines UV.
Good for him!
> “I’m a shareholder in the company and I have a hand in bait design.”
Article says they’re selling the snot outta these Hy-Brids:
8. FLWer Jamey Caldwell gets Black Rifle Coffee.
Jamey is a CBA (certified bada**), which you can read all about — the parts he can talk about — at the link. Said:
> “I am very proud to promote such a great product and a veteran-owned company that gives back to veterans and Law Enforcement.”
Little tip for ya: Don’t EVER try to play a joke on Jamey that has anything to do with surprising him. Seriously, man. I still have nightmares about it…. Lol, he’s a heck of a nice guy.
9. Vikes’ Brian Robison on bassin’ vs pigskinnin’.
> “I treat (fishing) just like football. When I’m getting ready for a football game, I study film on a guy and learn his every little detail that’s going to give me an advantage against him. If a certain move isn’t working, it becomes a chess game. You’ve got to do something a little different that is going to help you be successful against that opponent.”
So…B-Rob: Kinda sounds like you’re saying the average offensive lineman is about as smart as a bass?
10. LA: Shrimp virus killing crawfish.
Really, really hope it doesn’t spread. Could be super bad.
11. WI: Microplastics getting into river fish.
St. Croix and Namekagon Rivers:
> …smallmouth bass had 17.5 plastic particles on average….
> Currently, the primary culprit is clothing and washing machines. Most of the plastic the researchers found came from textiles like fleece. A single fleece jacket can release up to 250,000 fibers in its lifetime….
12. MI: First season of tourneys 2x what state expected.
> “…2,096 tournaments were registered throughout the state…on 271 water bodies across the state. We had expected somewhere around 1,000 tournaments to be registered.”
Dang straight, the 313 (etc.) representin’!
13. PA: Youghiogheny River Lake great for smallies?
Okay but…is it a river or a lake?
14. CA: More on the license sales decline.
Hear from several peeps who said that CA licenses are $$$. Checked and here’s what the CA website says:
> Resident license: $47.01 — yep, that 1 cent is important mang!
Contrast that with here in NJ, which is one of the priciest states to live in (ugh):
> Rez: $22.50
> Non-rez: $34.00
> Rez all-around sportsman (all fish/hunt minus stamps) = $72.25
So…the CA resident license is more than 2x NJ, which is unreal. And CA’s non-rez license is more than 2x the resident license. Another way to express what CA is doing:
CA may need to do some kind of analysis on license cost vs # of anglers. My 2c: More anglers is better, and license $$ aren’t gonna fix CA’s debt issues.
15. FL spraying Lake Rousseau Jun 5-16.
16. TX man accused of stealing bass boat…
…before Sealy Big Bass Splash on T-Bend.
17. Mustad sells majority stake.
Norwegian owner sells controlling interest to Norwegian investment company to try to grow company.
18. Sonar wars: Trade commission rules against Garmin.
19. What is Yo-Zuri rolling out?
Here’s the tease vid. I’ve seen the bait, don’t ask me what it is cuz I can’t say, but will say this: You’ve never seen it before. And…Bobby Lane used it to help him finish 8th at El Clasico. Pay real close attention at about 45 seconds in and you will get a hint:
– Ott DeFoe talkin’ somethin’ either amazingly obvious or seriously deep. Wasn’t sure, so today I told the guy making my sandwich, “hey man — ham ain’t cheese.” He blinked at me a couple times, then went back to making my sammich. Guessin’ he didn’t know what to make of it either….